Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help on a cd player issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on a cd player issue

I was drivin and all of a sudden my 800$ alpin w505 stopped workin I looked in the back and saw one of my remote wires came uncapped and was touching my seatbelt bracket... So I checked all my fuses that I knew of and they all were fine so I figured the worst...
I had a kenwood for a back up so I swapped everything and now it doesn't work either but if I hit the power button after reseting it. It makes a motor noise...

Does the remote wire have it's own fuse in the fuse panel? what's my other options to try?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Your not getting power somewhere to the cd player ignition. Hook the ignition wire and constant 12v wire from the cd player or red and yellow together then hook them to the constant 12v coming out of the trucks harness and see if it works if it does then it's a problem with the ignition wire possibly an overlooked fuse
Old 04-10-2011, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Preciate the help I figured it out you would have been correct there was one fuse in the Manuel that said it's was a power delay for the radio and door locks??? My door locks were workin fine so I ASSUMED that fuse was fine but it wasn't and I found the pinched remote wire causing the problem now I just gotta bench test the alpine to make sure it still works but thanks for the help it was fuse #22 for anyone else who has this problem at any point
Old 04-11-2011, 12:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No problem

Quick Reply: Help on a cd player issue