Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Girlfriend present

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Girlfriend present

My girlfriend is hooking me up with a amplifier and 4 new speakers for my 05 SuperCrew, she told me to pick what I want, but I don't wanna make her spend too much $$.

For the AMPLIFIER, I'm thinking:
JL Audio J2 320.4
4-channel car amplifier — 60 watts RMS x 4
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136J232...-4.html?tp=115

For SPEAKERS I haven't decided which size to go with yet:
Infinity Kappa 692.9i
6"x9" 2-way car speakers
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_1086929...ml?tp=91&avf=N

Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
5"x7"/6"x8" 2-way car speakers
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_1086829...9cf.html?tp=92

Any suggestion/ advice ?? Good or bad choice

Trying to stay under $500

Thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Products are good! I wouldnt buy them at Crutchfield though, unless you want to pay top dollar...maybe try sonixelectronic.com

Also...just a suggestion...maybe look for a used amp? Like a JL Slash 300/4 you can find them in mint condition for like $200 and im not sure if you have an aftermarket head or not, but with slash amps you can run high level oem signals straight to the amp and this way you dont need a LOC
Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at bestbuy u should be able to get stuff under $500 rockford fosgate is pretty they got some nice equipment there not bad for the price, or maybe try brandsmart.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Originally Posted by MPaterno
at bestbuy u should be able to get stuff under $500 rockford fosgate is pretty they got some nice equipment there not bad for the price, or maybe try brandsmart.
Rockford is ok if you go with their "high" line , but if you do that they are expensive....cheapest amp is like $600, their low line isnt worth the metal they used to encase the amp. As with anything....you get what you pay for. IMO
Old 11-18-2010, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimelessR1
Rockford is ok if you go with their "high" line , but if you do that they are expensive....cheapest amp is like $600, their low line isnt worth the metal they used to encase the amp. As with anything....you get what you pay for. IMO
I would disagree, I have one of their low-level amps (R-500 1) pushing my 2 JL 10's and I think it does a great job.

OP, as another poster stated, I wouldnt buy at crutchfield, sonicelectronix is cheaper and they are easy to deal with, thats who I buy from.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Originally Posted by JohnD
I would disagree, I have one of their low-level amps (R-500 1) pushing my 2 JL 10's and I think it does a great job.

OP, as another poster stated, I wouldnt buy at crutchfield, sonicelectronix is cheaper and they are easy to deal with, thats who I buy from.
Which JL's are you runing? W0's? W1's? if so...those subs are super efficent and dont need much power to push them.

I know i delt with Rockford's "Power" line alot..and they are HORRIBLE! If you ever took one apart you'd be shocked to see tha tthe actual electronics only took up about 1/2 the area in the heat sink. since they are under rated much they are easily clipped, thereforre shortening their life tremendously! Its possible their new stuff got somewhat better...but i havent bothererd trying any of their new stuff
Old 11-18-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by TimelessR1
Products are good! I wouldnt buy them at Crutchfield though, unless you want to pay top dollar...maybe try sonixelectronic.com

Also...just a suggestion...maybe look for a used amp? Like a JL Slash 300/4 you can find them in mint condition for like $200 and im not sure if you have an aftermarket head or not, but with slash amps you can run high level oem signals straight to the amp and this way you dont need a LOC
I'm going to buy a Pioneer AVH-P4200
Old 11-18-2010, 03:45 PM

right now I'm not doing any subwoofers, just the head unit, new speakers on all 4 doors and a amplifier for the 4 new speakers. Subwoofers and amplifiers to power that will come a little latter down the road.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Krazy

You'll love this unit!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Originally Posted by Krazy

Yeah, nice choice...you will def have a good source unit there!

Now follow me for a second..... you said you want to hold off on the sub and am right? Why not use the new radio, and the "internal amp" it has...yes you are actually paying for an amp when you purchase these head units (they arent jsut preamps) to power your 4 OEM speakers (unless they are blown) and put the money into an amp and sub? and this gives you some time to hunt down the perfect 4 channel for your system later down the road.

Quick Reply: Girlfriend present