Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Garmin GPS vent mount?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Garmin GPS vent mount?

Anybody buy a vent mount for a Garmin gps? The 04 F150 has a wide vent blade.. Ebay has hundreds, some spring clips, some like clothes pin clips, some push on... I dont have faith in the push in type. Looking at the spring hook clip but want to make sure it can go back far enough to clip. this is one I was looking at..IG-A03. anybody use it?
i.Trek Vent Mount for Garmin Nuvi & Nuvifone, IG-A03

Last edited by Dascon; 01-01-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:20 AM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Tried it.

Hey I know this is from awhile ago but...I have two of these spring loaded kind I use it in the Honda CRV and love it. I need to hopefully find another one that will fit the new f-150 that I just bought because the springs are to small for the big vents in the f-150 =(
Old 02-11-2010, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow ...what a job this was.... I ended cutting the support shafts in half and glueing with a high grade epoxy 1 inch electronic chip storage tubes that were the same overall size. this basically extended the tube 1 inch so it could catch the back of the vent. they sell these clip on style on ebay that act like clothes pins but didn't have the faith to hold and support my 200 dollar GPS in a bouncy F150... oh yeah the back of the F150 vent is "curved" so the legs will tend to slide outwards and spread apart. to stop this I epoxyed a cross piece to keep the shafts together... If I remember I'll take a pic of it and post it.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:52 AM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Cool

Awesome man...Yes please take pics if you get a chance. I miss having my GPS conveniently mounted where I can reach it. Thanks for the Update.

Quick Reply: Garmin GPS vent mount?