Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

FYI.. Replacing speaker wire

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Amateur Hour

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FYI.. Replacing speaker wire

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that is considering replacing their speaker wire from OEM. I ran components front/rear and new speaker wire from my amps (mounted under pass seat). I ordered 50 ft and fell short! . make sure you order somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-70 feet if you want to mount your tweets separate, and especially if you are mounting the amps to the back wall (if so prob need to order 100ft ish to be safe). This will enable the flexibility to run the wires out of sight easily.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you get the new wire into the front doors? I have a 2011 crew as well. There is a factoy plug that connects the wiring harness to the cab. There is no way to use this factory route for the new wire. I want to run new wire to my speakers, but cant figure out a good way to accomplish this and make it look factory. Thanks
Old 05-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Amateur Hour

Originally Posted by dolfanatic1399
How did you get the new wire into the front doors? I have a 2011 crew as well. There is a factoy plug that connects the wiring harness to the cab. There is no way to use this factory route for the new wire. I want to run new wire to my speakers, but cant figure out a good way to accomplish this and make it look factory. Thanks
It sounds like you have the dreaded molex plugs which I did not have. Do a ssearch on here for that.. I think you will have to drill out a space for the wire
Old 06-16-2012, 08:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How to do the Front Driver's side molex?! the parking brake assembly is completely in the way!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Amateur Hour

Originally Posted by Guinness68
How to do the Front Driver's side molex?! the parking brake assembly is completely in the way!
I didn't have the moles connectors

Quick Reply: FYI.. Replacing speaker wire