Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Full kicker system vs others

Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 424 Likes on 282 Posts

Default Full kicker system vs others

I tried to do some searching but couldn't get any results.

There's a member on here selling the full kicker sound system with door speakers, sub, amp, etc. plug and play. $399.

I think it's a great deal.

How does the system compare to a more conventional sound system. Nothing crazy but let's say a 10inch box, a name brand sub, amp, and door speakers.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to know too. Wish I could hear it in person. I don't want to spend $400 and be disappointed in the output from the sub. I don't mind spending double that to get something decent.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:51 PM

Received 424 Likes on 282 Posts

Yeah. I mean no offense to the kicker package at the excellent price but I just want to make sure it's what I want.

anyone??
Old 10-01-2015, 09:23 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014fiveoh
I tried to do some searching but couldn't get any results.

There's a member on here selling the full kicker sound system with door speakers, sub, amp, etc. plug and play. $399.

I think it's a great deal.

How does the system compare to a more conventional sound system. Nothing crazy but let's say a 10inch box, a name brand sub, amp, and door speakers.
An all in one system like the Kicker is made for the truck. All the parts fit and the electronics are plug n play. It is an excellent upgrade over the factory speakers. For the price it can't be beat.
You could easily spend 3 times that much or more to buy individual pieces and more of your time mounting and wiring everything. And Kicker is a brand name. I think if you weight the price vs. performance you would be happy with the kicker system.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:28 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014fiveoh
Yeah. I mean no offense to the kicker package at the excellent price but I just want to make sure it's what I want.

anyone??
For the money you can't go wrong. It is plug and play and looks factory.

The system comes with a 50wx4 amp to run your door speakers. The amp has a built-in crossover and a DSP that is tuned for the F150. It does wonders for imaging, sound quality, and overall loudness of the system.

The 10" sub is powered by a 200w amp and has decent output. This amp can be upgraded to a larger amp for more bass if you're willing to do a little work.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:21 AM

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dan02gt
For the money you can't go wrong. It is plug and play and looks factory.

The system comes with a 50wx4 amp to run your door speakers. The amp has a built-in crossover and a DSP that is tuned for the F150. It does wonders for imaging, sound quality, and overall loudness of the system.

The 10" sub is powered by a 200w amp and has decent output. This amp can be upgraded to a larger amp for more bass if you're willing to do a little work.
+1 on above comment. I too upgraded my amp just like dan02gt did. Now your not gonna win any dB contest. But the 1 10 in sub does sound very nice. A long time ago. I use to have 4 15in in a ranger ext cab. So I know what real hard hitting sounds like. I have no complaints on the kicker system. My highs sounds good too
Old 10-11-2015, 10:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but that kit only comes with door speakers, not tweeters or the center stage speaker right?

I'm hopefull the dsp is really what makes the kit sound good with the f150.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:09 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

I like the idea of the package but someone correct me if im wrong but aren't the door speakers still powered but the factory HU/Amp? If so, that would be why I wouldn't run it, the factory HU/Amp seams to cut out freq the louder you turn it up. Once you get above half volume the level doesn't raise much more after that. At least that's how much Sony system is.

Wayne
Old 10-12-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Z7What
I like the idea of the package but someone correct me if im wrong but aren't the door speakers still powered but the factory HU/Amp? If so, that would be why I wouldn't run it, the factory HU/Amp seams to cut out freq the louder you turn it up. Once you get above half volume the level doesn't raise much more after that. At least that's how much Sony system is.

Wayne
The new amp/dsp powers the door speakers
Old 10-12-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Does it have the fading out like the stock system?

Wayne

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Full kicker system vs others