Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Front passenger door wiring harness..which one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Front passenger door wiring harness..which one?

I have a 2013 f150 supercrew fx4 with power mirrors but NOT folding. I keep going through aftermarket speaker metra adapters and keep losing sound. After a few months of replacing it goes out again only for me to pull everything put and find condensation inside the adapter. From what I've read in posts the thing to do would be get a new working adapter for the door.

I can't seem to find the correct part number for a new passenger front working harness and confirm I have the correct one. Is BL3Z-14630-B correct???

Has anybody recently replaced one and can provide the correct number?

Thank you in advance
Old 11-23-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

This is what you need if not what you have already

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120710...1-058c&tp=3097
Old 11-23-2017, 02:27 PM

I've already upgraded front and rear along with new metra speaker adapter wires. I'm looking for a replacement working door harness that connects Everything in the door such as locks , mirror, speaker etc. I posted the part number I think is correct but wanted to confirm. After replacing speakers more than once and more than once I've replaced the speaker wire adapters, they are cutting out again. Last time I found excessive moisture in the adapters. From what I've read the wire harness is at fault and people have replaced them but I can't seem to verify I have the correct part #
Old 11-29-2017, 03:11 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mc01ta
I've already upgraded front and rear along with new metra speaker adapter wires. I'm looking for a replacement working door harness that connects Everything in the door such as locks , mirror, speaker etc. I posted the part number I think is correct but wanted to confirm. After replacing speakers more than once and more than once I've replaced the speaker wire adapters, they are cutting out again. Last time I found excessive moisture in the adapters. From what I've read the wire harness is at fault and people have replaced them but I can't seem to verify I have the correct part #
Front doors are well known for passing moisture to the speaker and shorting them out. Wrap the speaker connectors with waterproof protecting of some sort or run new speaker wire.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:18 PM

Well I put new metra speaker adapters on, new foam baffles and ran the connector inside the baffle. I used silicone on the baffle where the adapter came through to make it sealed again. I out dielectric grease on connections too. Found moisture again in old adapter and main working harness, cleaned and dried them out. No rain for two weeks all was good and passenger speaker cutting in and out. Going to have to pull everything out again and try to out new wiring harness jumper in. Hope I have right part and it fixed it. I'll update everyone on cell I've had some time with it once it's installed