Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

ForScan and flat output.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:58 PM

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Default ForScan and flat output.

In my '17 XL STX I'm planning to pick up a Rockford Fosgate DSR1 and running it in universal but is it possible to only change the ACM to give a flat output from the head unit? I'm still a little fuzzy on how to get where I want to be on this.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:47 AM

Received 211 Likes on 142 Posts

I was the in the same boat. I purchased JL's Fix 86 and after talking to a few people on here that went through the same thing, most reccommended using the Forscan First. Look at it this way. Try the Forscan way first. If you aren't happy with the sound at that point, you then can add in down the road. Don't my like me and just walk by the box with the fix86 knowing that I spent $360 and it's just still sitting in the box... lol
I am extremely happy with the sound from just using the forscan method.
The following users liked this post:
bryan_c (02-25-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by gintyfab
I was the in the same boat. I purchased JL's Fix 86 and after talking to a few people on here that went through the same thing, most reccommended using the Forscan First. Look at it this way. Try the Forscan way first. If you aren't happy with the sound at that point, you then can add in down the road. Don't my like me and just walk by the box with the fix86 knowing that I spent $360 and it's just still sitting in the box... lol
I am extremely happy with the sound from just using the forscan method.
Are you running a sync 3 non sony?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 211 Likes on 142 Posts

sync 2 non sony
Old 02-25-2018, 06:20 PM

Received 443 Likes on 256 Posts

'17 STX Sync 3 here.

I am currently running the stock HU @ speaker-level into an LC7i, then into a 4 channel amp for door speakers and another amp for subs.

The AC LC7i is decent for not too much $$ BUT: the auto "loudness", factory equalization from lowering mids and highs at low volume, to reducing bass at very high volumes is still killing me!

Did you guys end up using ForScan for changing speaker-level outputs to line-level and the remove factory equalization or keep it speaker-level out?
Old 02-25-2018, 06:33 PM

That's the same setup I had and wasn't ever happy with it. I'm looking at going line level out with ForScan and running that into a Fosgate DSR1.
The following users liked this post:
bryan_c (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 443 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Redalty
That's the same setup I had and wasn't ever happy with it. I'm looking at going line level out with ForScan and running that into a Fosgate DSR1.
I want to remove the different EQ settings at different volumes

If the stock treble, midrange, and bass controls, in sound settings, still work after using Forscan to remove that factory equalization crap, then leaving it at speaker-level might be good enough for me....*might*
Old 02-28-2018, 01:39 PM

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,204 Posts

Originally Posted by Redalty

2 things:
If you don't have the sony system I don't believe the dsr1 will work for you. From my research it needs the sony systems additional connections.
Also I have read quite a few "poor support at this time" stories about the dsr1. The Pac amppro is about the same price with less abilities but better support.

If you want a the dsr1 for dsp purposes, try to find a used ms8 (easiest setup) or a buy a minidsp.

I really was looking at the dsr1 as well as I have a 360.3 sitting in my garage that I was then going to use in my wife's car. But after the reviews I am either going to do the forscan change or the pac amp pro. I am still deciding if I want to have a super easy tear apart and put back to factory in the future at the cost of more money (amp pro route) or have to cut more wires (forscan route).
Old 02-28-2018, 05:53 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
2 things:
If you don't have the sony system I don't believe the dsr1 will work for you. From my research it needs the sony systems additional connections.
Also I have read quite a few "poor support at this time" stories about the dsr1. The Pac amppro is about the same price with less abilities but better support.

If you want a the dsr1 for dsp purposes, try to find a used ms8 (easiest setup) or a buy a minidsp.

I really was looking at the dsr1 as well as I have a 360.3 sitting in my garage that I was then going to use in my wife's car. But after the reviews I am either going to do the forscan change or the pac amp pro. I am still deciding if I want to have a super easy tear apart and put back to factory in the future at the cost of more money (amp pro route) or have to cut more wires (forscan route).
If you don't have the sony system I don't believe the dsr1 will work for you. Correct!
Old 02-28-2018, 09:41 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

You can use the dsr1 as a pass-thru unit on non-Sony systems. You WONT be able to use the T harness tho. I confirmed this with RF because I don’t have the Sony system. But too many bad reviews and lack of support for me to risk it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ForScan and flat output.