Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Focal Integration ISS 165

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:30 AM

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Focal Integration ISS 165

Anyone have any experience with these? They are on sale at crutchfield for what looks like a good price and I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISS...ration_iss_165
Old 06-14-2019, 03:55 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

They are a tad on the brighter side. I you like peaky highs then this is for you.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually ordered a pair yesterday that should be here Monday. I am putting them in the front doors and deleting the rear speakers totally. I’ll be installing a sub under the passenger flip up rear seat once I decide on a box. I’ll let you know how these sound on the factory HU.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:19 PM

Thanks I actually ordered them also based on Hush since he knows his stuff. Also having them installed Monday hopefully.

Did you order thru Crutchfield also?
Old 06-21-2019, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by meazer
Thanks I actually ordered them also based on Hush since he knows his stuff. Also having them installed Monday hopefully.

Did you order thru Crutchfield also?
I did. After they insisted the wouldn’t fit haha.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:45 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

It would be cool if you ordered through me lol. I beat their prices too.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (06-23-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by HushCarAudio
It would be cool if you ordered through me lol. I beat their prices too.
Dang wish I had known. I’ll keep you in mind on the next order.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:54 PM

Same here I just saw they were on clearance for 140 and I had a 10% off code so I grabbed them.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:14 AM

I got mine put in last night but forgot to take pics unfortunately. I had prefabricated a mounting adapter out of 1/2" MDF and for some reason the specs online weren't correct so the cutout was too small. By the time I fixed that I was rushing and just forgot. Either way they fit just fine and I did not have to modify the door skin at all. I'll be redoing the adapter out of plastic whenever I add an amp. I was honestly unsure if these would fit and didn't want to put a lot of effort into an adapter plate if not. I also added some dynamat extreme around the mounting hole. I did however take pics of the tweeters. I had to remove a considerable amount of plastic with the dremel but they have a good solid press fit. I recommend just tracing them on the outside with a pencil and go to town on it... but slowly.... you can't put back what you take off.

Anyways, on to the sound. I was surprised at the amount of bass response they kept compared to the stock. I would say the low end output is roughly the same but just a little tighter and not as boomy. The higher sensitivity helps with using the stock HU but I can tell they will really shine when I put some power to them. The highs were a little harsh with the EQ flat. When I bumped the treble down two notches that seems to be the sweet spot.

All in all I'm very please with them but am anxious to get them powered and add a subwoofer into the mix. It's gonna sound great. I'd recommend picking up a set while they are on sale.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

What year is your truck? Are those the factory A-pillars? I like the look of those tweeter "pods" much better than the ones on my '16.

Quick Reply: Focal Integration ISS 165