Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

First time question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time question.

Hey guys,

I want to upgrade my stock head unit and it will be the first time Ive done this so its all new to me. I found a unit in my price range and with the features that I want (ipod, bluetooth). It comes with the mounting hardware and the wiring harness. Just wanted others opinions before I made a choice. What you think http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020CX50...684&tab=review ???
Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 PM

I looked at this one and I was tempted. However, I use SD cards and/or USB thumb drives to store all my music, and from what I understand, trying to scroll through your library to find albums and songs you want is a difficult. I ended up getting a Pioneer DVD HU. Granted the price for the Clarion is lower, and the sound is probably no difference to the non-audiophile, but accessing my music easily is important to me, especially while I'm driving. I think that for $249, you could do a lot worse. Plus I do listen to AM radio a lot while I'm driving at night, and I understand the reception may be lacking. Also, you may require a different harness than what comes with the HU to function with your vehicle properly.

Last edited by whaler; 05-09-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

I would suggest waiting a little longer and save a little more and buy a touchscreen, crutchfield is pretty over priced when compared to other online stores. I picked up a Kenwood DDX 616 for around $400.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you could afford this one , this one has a nice user interface. Plus a nice screen!http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H-P3200BT.html
Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whaler what unit do you use? I store all my stuff on sd card too.
Originally Posted by whaler
I looked at this one and I was tempted. However, I use SD cards and/or USB thumb drives to store all my music, and from what I understand, trying to scroll through your library to find albums and songs you want is a difficult. I ended up getting a Pioneer DVD HU. Granted the price for the Clarion is lower, and the sound is probably no difference to the non-audiophile, but accessing my music easily is important to me, especially while I'm driving. I think that for $249, you could do a lot worse. Plus I do listen to AM radio a lot while I'm driving at night, and I understand the reception may be lacking. Also, you may require a different harness than what comes with the HU to function with your vehicle properly.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Go Fast or Go Home

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Pioneer 4300DVD and use a 32gig SD card. The interface is incredibly easy to use. Lists folders on the screen, touch the folder you want, then the song you want. The random feature is pretty good too. One thing to note with this unit, the folders are not listed in alphabetical order. They are listed by what order you put them on the card. Not a big deal, but may make searching through the folders difficult if you put them on the card at different times.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote=Stone;882751]I have the Pioneer 4300DVD and use a 32gig SD card. The interface is incredibly easy to use. Lists folders on the screen, touch the folder you want, then the song you want. The random feature is pretty good too. One thing to note with this unit, the folders are not listed in alphabetical order. They are listed by what order you put them on the card. Not a big deal, but may make searching through the folders difficult if you put them on the card at different times.[/quote
I have the same unit by passed.
Do you use DIVX Converter at all? If you dont I can hook you up witht he pass codes for it(free). It allows you to use youtube to get all the vidoes you want!!! If interested pm me.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:26 PM
always dirty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

onlinecarstereo.com
Old 05-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Go Fast or Go Home

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4x4angel
onlinecarstereo.com
^has terrible service. prices are ok.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by B1gfun
Whaler what unit do you use? I store all my stuff on sd card too.
AVH=P4300DVD. $375 at autotoys.com

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.ph...FeM85QodFWSQIQ

Sonicelectronix.com matched the price. Its a great unit. Sooo much better than what came with the truck.

I had 12 GB of music on one card. It took 2 minutes for the unit to read the card. I broke it up into three cards at 4GB each. They take the unit 15 seconds to read. Much faster.

Last edited by whaler; 05-11-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quick Reply: First time question.