Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

factory sub crapped out

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question factory sub crapped out

I have a 2005 fx4 screw and my factory sub crapped out. is there a way to hook up an aftermarket amp and sub to the factory audiophile radio. using the factory wireharness. and is there enough room to mount the amp behind the rear seat. i do have the power slider window.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes you have lots of options, you can get a refurb kicker zx 400.1 on ebay for around 130 bucks (use the high lvl inputs on it) and a dc lvl 2 10, cheaply priced great quality
Old 02-19-2009, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was really trying to stay away from ebay. i was thinking about going with a sub box from musicmoose audio with 2 10in subs not sure what amp yet. unsure if and how i could wire the aftermarket amp into the stock wireharnes without getting to crazy with it.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its actually very easy, you use the high level input, its not the best but its easy to do with the stock headunit, yea i understand you on ebay, it can be iffy at times...the refurb on there comes with a 3 month no questions asked warrenty...so if a problem arises then its replaced no questions which is nice

and for 2 of the cheaper 10" woofers you can get 1 10" better quality woofer and be just as loud and sound better...i strongly suggest the dc sound lab lines, level 2 is a great entry level sub and will work great for you
Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by theboss13f
i was really trying to stay away from ebay. i was thinking about going with a sub box from musicmoose audio with 2 10in subs not sure what amp yet. unsure if and how i could wire the aftermarket amp into the stock wireharnes without getting to crazy with it.
I got the music moose box and put 1 10" in it...looks great. Sounds better.

Quick Reply: factory sub crapped out