Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Factory Radio or Factory Navigation Radio 101!!!!!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory Radio or Factory Navigation Radio 101!!!!!

www.unitedradio.com 800-448-0944 Ask for Ron!!!!!

United Radio currently has the Ford Contract to do all the radio repair work, navigation units to your standard unit. All Ford dealers send the factory broken radios to this company. YOU can send your radio to this company just as easy as the dealer can!!!!! Check them out!!!!!

My story with them,
I wanted to put a factory navigation radio in my 04 F150. I didnt know much or anything at all about the factory units, so I joined this forum for answers. After getting alot of info, I started looking at ebay searching for my future navigation unit. I had a hard time with that because I did not know exactly which part #'s would work fine or what. After talking to one of my friends at the dealership, I decided to call them and see if they could answer some of my questions. I then talked to Ron who works at united radio. I first asked him which part number radio would work in my truck, he answered "all or any of them it just depends on what you want". He went on to say that when choosing a radio, the main thing to look out for was the backlights behind the buttons, some of them cannot be changed to another color, a general rule of thumb Ford-green, Linc.-white, Merc.-blue. You can also go here to see what a given radio part # fits or came out of, http://www.brandmotion.com/pdf/Radio...%2011-1-07.pdf . He said other than the backlights that the radios were all basically the same, the rest of the differences will be found in the programming portion of the unit. The features like subwoofer, line in, can bus communication could simply be turned on or off or reconfigured to be hard wired. That said, he also mentioned that the part # would have to start with at least a 7 for the line in feature to work because earlier radios did not have this function at all. So, my radio that I got came out of a 07 F250, I then called Ron back up and told him what I had and then he started filling out a work order for me to send the radio to him for programming. He then told me to go plug the unit into my truck to see if it would work and to do some diagnostics over the phone. So I did and he had me push a few buttons and then I was reading him the configuration screens to see what functions were set where. Turns out everything I needed was already set where I needed it! So I did not have to send my unit to him & he did not charge me a dime! I then installed my unit and a factory subwoofer and line in port for my Ipod!!!

He was more help than anywhere I had been before, and I asked him if he would mind if I told this story on this forum to get him some more buisness of cases like mine & he said "sure". So feel free to call him with any question you may have. More good info about united radio is that they have flat rate repair prices for a given radio, no matter whats wrong it will be repaired for a flat rate price. Just an example is my navigation unit prices:
Program Only - $75.00
Repair - $325.00
Repair With Broken Screen - $425.00
Old 09-17-2015, 07:33 PM

Does anyone out there still reprograms the pioneer units
Old 09-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Certified Grumpasaurus

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by shawng84
Does anyone out there still reprograms the pioneer units

You can call 4dtech and ask them if they do. As far as I know, they only do the Clarions but it couldn't hurt to ask.

800-323-8050

MPD165
Old 05-24-2018, 06:49 PM

Default Fixed

Crutchfield semt me a new harness and head unit. Fixed! No problems at all. I'd say your factory unit is bad. I recommend Crutchfield if you are going to purchase a new stereo. I did lose my thermometer and compass by installing new unit (they somehow work in conjunction with factory stereo) but ended up with a nice JVC touchscreen for half the cost of a new factory unit. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory Radio or Factory Navigation Radio 101!!!!!