Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

EQ/FORSCAN Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 12:32 PM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
Default EQ/FORSCAN Help

Ok. So long story short, I have a 2013 XLT non Sony w/ 4.2” display. I had some JL Audio door speakers left over from an old build. Put them in all 4 doors. Runs great and the highs and mids are crisp. Sounds great. But I’m lacking pretty much any low level bass. I have read where using FORSCAN to remove the factory EQ settings can help. So here I am, trying to figure out if it’s worth the time or if I should just buy a single subwoofer. I don’t need or want a lot of bass as I have my 2 year old in the truck almost anytime I’m in the truck.

I do have an old 4 channel amp that I believe is still good. It hasn’t been used in years. I’m assuming it would be worth my time and the little bit it would cost to buy the wiring, correct? Any other advice?
Old 09-04-2018, 12:51 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

I might be biased but I'm fairly sure that everyone here will say more is better with our trucks due to the crappy stock system. As for forescan, just do it if replacing speakers.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

I kinda figured running the additional power would be quite beneficial. I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge fan of installing amps due to the amiubt of time it takes. But every shop around me wants $150-250 to install an amp, which I understand. But if I can do it myself, I’ll choose to save that money every time.

So ill just ask here here instead of trying to read threw 1000+ threads, which scanner should I buy to utilize forescan? And once inside the program, what do I change and what effect will it have?
Old 09-04-2018, 01:10 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Use forscan to flatten the signal with or without adding an amp. You will not lose the bass as you turn up the volume. On 2015's and up you can also use forscan to have the radio speaker leads to give you a 4volt variable low level output for the amp also. No need for a line converter, just solder on RCA's and plug into the amp. This is how my system is setup. Love it! Aftermarket sound with OEM looks and feel. Might see if you have that option on the '13 also.
Check this thread for which adapter to buy for Forscan.
Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by 1NiceHarley; 09-04-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: EQ/FORSCAN Help