Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door speakers

Has anyone installed speakers thereself in the f150 screw doors? The reason I ask is that I am wondering if a 6x9 would fit in the door with slight modification. I understand some cutting may need to be done for the circumference but am wondering if there would be a problem with depth..
Any help would be greatly appreciated on this one...
Old 02-13-2008, 10:27 AM
J_Jones FX4

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard the depth is about 3 1/2"
If you can find some with that depth and dont mind cutting then it will work for sure. Good luck
Post some pics if you do it.

Me personally am looking at Infinity Kappas 6x8 Components with the crossover.
I pulled my door panel off the other day (broke a few clips so be sure and push every clip in before pulling to hard) and noticed that there is a cut out for a tweeter up top. Kind of looking forward to a new project..
Old 02-23-2008, 07:37 AM

Talking

So did you fit the 6x9s? I ask as I'm considering new door speakers and it looks like more bang for the buck available in the 6x9s over 6x8s.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 PM

well i didnt go with 6x9.. i found a good deal on some 6x8 infinity kappa's and went with them in each door. they really sound nice for the money... i gave 139 for 2 pair of them and they handle the power very nicely... i hear things in songs that i never heard before... I also used a 10" infinity reference sub but am going to soon have a box built for it under the back seat. I dont recommend the infity sub just because it need alot of space.. the specs call for .75 for enclosed and 1.75 for vented. What I have noticed is that .75 seems to be cutting it close...gives it a hollow sound...

Quick Reply: door speakers