Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Door speaker quit need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 01:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Door speaker quit need help!!

Okay so my door speaker on my driver side front door quit. It only works if you turn it up really loud then the rest of the door speakers can't hang.. What would cause this? Is it time for new door speakers, they are the stock audiophile ones in an 05.... If so what's some good after market ones and what size
Old 09-21-2014, 09:20 PM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Sure it's not a loose connection?
Old 09-21-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by shescountry
Okay so my door speaker on my driver side front door quit. It only works if you turn it up really loud then the rest of the door speakers can't hang.. What would cause this? Is it time for new door speakers, they are the stock audiophile ones in an 05.... If so what's some good after market ones and what size
Driver side speakers are known for a bad connection due to water.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:50 AM

Played around today speaker seems to be fine... It's a problem in the head unit with the aux hook up. Didn't realize it till today it's only on the aux hookup... I played the radio, through my iPhone and cd and they all work fine. I feel a little dumb now but I didn't think it could be a problem with the aux hookup. So it's all good now, even tho I'm pretty upset my barely a year old pioneer head unit is screwed up... Oh well.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 PM

Played around today speaker seems to be fine... It's a problem in the head unit with the aux hook up. Didn't realize it till today it's only on the aux hookup... I played the radio, through my iPhone and cd and they all work fine. I feel a little dumb now but I didn't think it could be a problem with the aux hookup. So it's all good now, even tho I'm pretty upset my barely a year old pioneer head unit is screwed up... Oh well.
No worries man. Do NOT feel dumb. Glad you located the problem without having to shell out for new speakers.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

Try a new aux cord before blaming the unit
Old 09-26-2014, 07:44 PM

Head unit goes threw aux cords and charging cords like its nothing. I have to replace them every couple months... The cords work fine hooked up to anything else. But all is good now. I have a new charging cord and aux cord and I was able to get all the speakers working even though it was a reason to drop more money into my truck for nicer speakers it'll have to wait for now!!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:43 AM

Head unit goes threw aux cords and charging cords like its nothing. I have to replace them every couple months... The cords work fine hooked up to anything else. But all is good now. I have a new charging cord and aux cord and I was able to get all the speakers working even though it was a reason to drop more money into my truck for nicer speakers it'll have to wait for now!!
And how pissed would you have been if you installed new speakers on,y to have them cut out.....

Quick Reply: Door speaker quit need help!!