Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Door deadening and Speaker install

Old 03-14-2019, 03:11 AM

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Door deadening and Speaker install

My Morel’s arrived today and so, being impatient and excited, I got started on my install.

Driver's door apart, installing Noico on the outer skin topped with Noico 80mil foam on the entire panel, begin the speaker install and realize, hey dummy, your fast rings aren’t here yet.....

so, I continue On anyway figuring I can add them later. Fast forward 8 hours later with all 4 doors complete, speakers installed and the remainder of my Sam Adams Octoberfest beer gone.....sad situation really...I crank up th truck and.....

IT'S FRIGGIN AMAZING!

i still need to install the Morel tweeters either in the pillar or the front door trim area but, the new speakers really made the factory tweeters come alive. No idea what happened to get that result but, I am still going to install the Morel tweeters.

i have two sheets of Noico deadened left so, I will need to order more before I begin the amp and sub install as I plan on deadening the entire rear wall of the cab and then covering that with the 80 mil foam.

My my hands and arms are all cut to **** but, it was worth it I think.
The following users liked this post:
2017bluetruck (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:45 AM
Papermaker24

Received 347 Likes on 272 Posts

I'm starting this soon as well......getting amps first
Old 03-14-2019, 08:59 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Tweeters in the pillars!
Sainte (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 09:29 AM

I used Noico 80 mil matting and Noico 170 mil foam. I messed it up earlier saying 80 mil foam.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:02 AM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Sainte
IT'S FRIGGIN AMAZING!

i still need to install the Morel tweeters either in the pillar or the front door trim area but, the new speakers really made the factory tweeters come alive.

No idea what happened to get that result but, I am still going to install the Morel tweeters.

nothing changed with the factory tweets, you are just hearing the difference between the stock paper cones and what a quality aftermarket speaker can do just wait til you install your real tweets and disconnect the stock ones. you will be very happy!

My my hands and arms are all cut to **** but, it was worth it I think.
yep, in the beginning everyone forgets to wear gloves when installing things. you will learn over time like we all do
Old 03-14-2019, 12:41 PM

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
nothing changed with the factory tweets, you are just hearing the difference between the stock paper cones and what a quality aftermarket speaker can do just wait til you install your real tweets and disconnect the stock ones. you will be very happy!
I just installed the same speakers and really like them. The Morel tweeter will definitely improve it further. I have tried the Morel tweeter on the sail pillar - which sounded great and am currently testing it on the A pillar - I think I like the A-pillar better. I also did the rear sound deadening and it made a difference in noise level - the only regret is I wish I had done my roof when I had the back apart.... I am also running the Dayton 408 DSP with my amp - IMHO it is the magic ingredient. The folks on this site are a great source of knowledge.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:19 PM

When I go to install the Morel tweets, should I just use the factory harness and crossover or, tap off the 6x9 lead and run the supplied crossover?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:27 PM

When I go to install the Morel tweets, should I just use the factory harness and crossover or, tap off the 6x9 lead and run the supplied crossover?
Factory harness. Morel crossover.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:31 AM

Is the JL Audio Fix 86 comparable to the other dsp's I read about on here? The Dayton 408 etc?

i have a chance to pick up a JL 10” stealth box and Fix 86 for $75....
Old 03-15-2019, 10:04 AM

Is the JL Audio Fix 86 comparable to the other dsp's I read about on here? The Dayton 408 etc?

i have a chance to pick up a JL 10” stealth box and Fix 86 for $75....
The FIX is primarily used for input processing. The TWK is comparable to the Dayton and others mentioned.
Sainte (03-15-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door deadening and Speaker install