Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Disappointed with stereo upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 03:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disappointed with stereo upgrade.

Just spent a pile of money on a new stereo and am thoroughly disappointed. I have a 2014 super crew with the Sony system and nav. I wanted to keep nav. And dash stock but had a local shop install the following: jl audio stealthbox, focal 165v15's for the fronts, focal 130v15's for the rears, audison bitone signal processor, audison av5.1k amplifier. All of this is tied into the sony system via the bitone processor to my knowledge. The end result is the system will do high end treble until my ears bleed and not much else. There is some mid range and some low end bass but you have to max out the volume to get there. It just sounds really thin and high pitched. There is little or no warmth to the sound at all. I would of thought a 13" jl audio sub would pressurize the cab, not even close! Is it the sony system doing this? After a big discount I still have 5k invested in this thing. Any info or insight guys??
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does your sound processor sum the signals? all the speaker signals need to be summed together, there is a thread somewhere on here that I used for instructions
Old 08-28-2014, 10:30 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

They don't have the Bitone configured correctly. You have great equipment and will sound great when done correctly
Old 08-28-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry your having issues with your nice system. I have a dumb question. How do they get those speakers to fit your system? Ours are oval are they not?
Old 08-28-2014, 05:57 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by KodeBrown
Sorry your having issues with your nice system. I have a dumb question. How do they get those speakers to fit your system? Ours are oval are they not?
They make speaker adapters
Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Agreed with everyone here.some adjustments should make it sound phenomenal.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Gimpy

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have the bit ten in my truck and it took days for me to configure it to my liking. You need to download the software on your laptop, bring it into the truck and plug in the bit one and start tuning. You'll have to set, in the program, all your crossovers, master volume, channel gains, etc. to your liking and your type of music, and obviously to the speakers your running. Don't forget to save and write to the bit 1. Also double check your amp gains and crossovers. It's not an easy process but we'll worth the time in the end. What did they use for inputs? Unfortunately just cause they can install it, doesn't mean they know how to set everything up, properly. With your equipment, you should have outstanding sound quality. I am running the bit ten, focal k2p, jl 10tw3, jl xd600/1, jl xd200/2, jl xd700/5. Similar set up with factory nav.

Last edited by 48ford; 08-28-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:43 PM

I am taking the truck back to the shop tomorrow for further analysis. The shop is a audison/focal dealer and they supposedly "tuned" it after it was installed. I of course was not there for any of it. It's got to be something like an eq adjustment with the bitone. It's so tinny, hollow, and lifeless right now. There is no warmth to it at all. The mounted the bitone under the console too so they would have to pull everything apart. I made up a cd to go off of which consists of rock, metal and techno. Surely this can be solved, even if I have to spend some more cash for fine tuning.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Gimpy

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

They should have left the USB cable somewhere accessible, whether it's for you or them to fine tune. It's all done on the laptop so as long as that cable is accessible they shouldn't rip the truck apart again. Good luck. It does take time so make sure your patient. Keep us updated.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:05 AM

Thanks guys! I will let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with stereo upgrade.