Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Dayton DSP 408 program update, new

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 03:11 PM

Received 198 Likes on 140 Posts

Default Dayton DSP 408 program update, new

Did this update yesterday as it is supposedly the latest update. If you've done this update, maybe you noticed something a little different like when I load a preset the section for high pass and low pass configuration, shows the 'type' as blank and the 'oct' set at 6db when these should show what I entered them to be, 'Linkwitz Riley' and '24db'. As I noticed this almost immediately, having to upload the new files into the 408, I changed the numbers back in the program but, it wouldn't save that way defaulting back to blank 'type' and '6db'. I find this to be a flaw in the new programing. The new 408 program version is PYDW-AV-1.23, the first version was 1.16 followed by the last update that made it v. 1.20. I reverted back to v. 1.20 and all is fine now not changing that information for the filters leaving them as I set them.

So, just be aware that if you do this upgrade, you may find yourself with the same issue I had.

Another thing I want them to upgrade is showing the preset you have loaded, in a block at the top of the screen. I find it a little irritating that the loaded preset is not shown at all.

I just got done emailing their support to address this. Will wait and see what they come up with...
Old 06-21-2019, 11:12 AM

Got a response from Parts express tech support on this issue as follows:

Hello,

I am sorry for the trouble you are experiencing. We have removed the updated version of the app from the site temporarily. The version available for download currently will work and we will repost the updated version shortly.

Best,Tim

Technical support

Since this is Parts Express and not Dayton support, they've simply removed the latest update and replaced it with [probably] the previous version. I have no idea what these updates entail anyway as the program seems to offer nothing new and probably only fixes whatever bugs they come across. Anyway, I'm using the last updated version and it works fine. It just doesn't tell me what preset I'm using when plugged into the truck. That would be a welcome improvement, IMO.
The following users liked this post:
woodall01 (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 11:25 AM

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Thanks for the catch, I was going to upgrade my this weekend!
MDXLT (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 11:47 AM

I find it hard to believe that it would seem I am the only one who's tried this update. Makes me think that only I have had this issue because no one else has reported a problem with the new version. However, they did remove the new version from the site which may indicate that they too, had an issue with it. We shall see.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:52 AM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by MDXLT
Since this is Parts Express and not Dayton support, they've simply removed the latest update and replaced it with [probably] the previous version.
dayton IS parts express, it's their house brand. they are one in the same.
MDXLT (06-21-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 03:55 PM

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,204 Posts

Does anyone using the dsp-408 know if it can add delay to the remote out (to turn on amps)? I didn't see the option in the gui (windows or ios) so I doubt it, but I have only had it installed 24 hours in the wife's car. Getting some turn on pop.

On a side note this thing is pretty awesome for the price and the bluetooth app is nice to work with! I wouldn't hesitate to use it again in a "simple" build.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
Does anyone using the dsp-408 know if it can add delay to the remote out (to turn on amps)? I didn't see the option in the gui (windows or ios) so I doubt it, but I have only had it installed 24 hours in the wife's car. Getting some turn on pop.

On a side note this thing is pretty awesome for the price and the bluetooth app is nice to work with! I wouldn't hesitate to use it again in a "simple" build.
It does not, the only thing I can think of is using a PAC-4T. It has a delay of 1 second for no pop turn on .

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-09-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by woodall01
It does not, the only thing I can think of is using a PAC-4T. It has a delay of 1 second for no pop turn on .

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR-4-Remo.../dp/B0002J22BE
I think I am going to go with the PAC-tr7. You can program the time for up to 4 minutes 15 seconds delay and it is cheaper.

Last edited by jdunk54nl; 07-09-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
I think I am going to go with the PAC-tr7. You can program the time for up to 4 minutes 15 seconds delay and it is cheaper.
Nice, well I guess you have a good solution.
SlackjawGolf (07-27-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 11:20 PM

I can't remember if it was on here or not, but I was getting my wife's car tuned tonight with the dayton. I did all of that and my center image wasn't very good. I thought I read on here that you just enter the distances and do not have to worry about subtracting or doing anything else. Well doing it that way my center image was on the left side. So using those measurments, I went to the following website and put them in and switched the dsp to millisecond time alignment and not inches.

http://tracerite.com/calc.html

This calculated the values in ms for me. I put those in and my center image is now dead center on the dash! Just an FYI for those using this and if your center image isn't centered very well.
woodall01 (07-09-2019)

Quick Reply: Dayton DSP 408 program update, new