Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Crossover on the Sony system ?

Old 04-18-2016, 04:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crossover on the Sony system ?

I will be mounting Alpine SPR 60C components in my 2013 front doors in regards to the alpine crossover do I hook it up as the instruction state,, or do I use the factory wires at the factory locations thanks Chris
Old 04-19-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by dasboata
I will be mounting Alpine SPR 60C components in my 2013 front doors in regards to the alpine crossover do I hook it up as the instruction state,, or do I use the factory wires at the factory locations thanks Chris
Your Sony has a crossover built into the amp for each speaker. You can use the wires in the doors to each new speaker or what I would do is use the door speaker wire into the Alpine crossover and the from the Alpine crossover to the Alpine tweeter.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Your Sony has a crossover built into the amp for each speaker. You can use the wires in the doors to each new speaker or what I would do is use the door speaker wire into the Alpine crossover and the from the Alpine crossover to the Alpine tweeter.
That is what I wound up doing I am very happy with the sound !!!! I am a big fan of hi's so I am running the factory tweeter and the alpine ,, It sounds much better then the Memphis,5x7 I had installed which are now going in the back door thanks chris
Old 04-20-2016, 09:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is what I wound up doing I am very happy with the sound !!!! I am a big fan of hi's so I am running the factory tweeter and the alpine ,, It sounds much better then the Memphis,5x7 I had installed which are now going in the back door thanks chris
Wait, so you're running both the factory tweeters and the tweeters for the Alpine? So you have 4 tweeters in your front stage? That has to sound like absolute ****. Try unplugging the factory tweeters and see how it sounds.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by CriticalMach
Wait, so you're running both the factory tweeters and the tweeters for the Alpine? So you have 4 tweeters in your front stage? That has to sound like absolute ****. Try unplugging the factory tweeters and see how it sounds.
LOL I did not what to mess with the pillar post is that easy I could not find a link how to remove them ?
Old 04-20-2016, 06:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL I did not what to mess with the pillar post is that easy I could not find a link how to remove them ?
They're not hard to remove, or if you can pull the side dash trim panels off with the front doors open and unplug the tweeters there and just leave them in place. The absolute last thing you want is to have 4 tweeters actually playing.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:25 PM

I will check it out but you can hardly hear the factory tweeters

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crossover on the Sony system ?