Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Crossover locations

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Crossover locations

Hello members,

I purchased a set of JL Audio C3-570 and I am curious as to where to mount the crossover for the front doors. My goal is to mount the tweeter high on the door panel vs. the a-pillars. Can the crossover be mounted behind the door panel somewhere? Does anyone have pics of their crossover mounted? Thanks.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon22685
Hello members,

I purchased a set of JL Audio C3-570 and I am curious as to where to mount the crossover for the front doors. My goal is to mount the tweeter high on the door panel vs. the a-pillars. Can the crossover be mounted behind the door panel somewhere? Does anyone have pics of their crossover mounted? Thanks.
I have the crossovers for my C3s mounted on the back side lower part of the dash where your knees are. I just used 2 sided tape. If you remove the side panels on your dash where the defrost vents pass through into the doors you can get to this area very easy and there is plenty of room.

I also sold the C3 tweeters to a friend and bought C2 tweeter because they are smaller and can go in the a-pillars, but your door panel idea should work fine too.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you wire up the crossovers? I have the door molex connectors and cannot pass wire through them.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:21 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Fortunately I don't have molex connections on my truck so passing a wire through to the door was no big issue.

However, I did wire a set of Kicker components up for a friend and we were able to mount the crossovers on the back side of the door card. Kicker crossovers were smaller than the JL ones but I still think there may be enough room. I don't have any pictures of it though.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon22685
How did you wire up the crossovers? I have the door molex connectors and cannot pass wire through them.
There is a picture showing where you can drill thru the molex somewhere on the forum
Old 09-29-2015, 12:10 AM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
There is a picture showing where you can drill thru the molex somewhere on the forum
link to this... why post there is a post somewhere, without a link?

Power dependent, you can tie into the factory front door speaker wiring up in the dash behind the head unit, assuming that you do not have a factory amped stereo. I'm doing that on my 06. I am guessing that I will be able to remove a bit of the acoustic padding on the outer and lower section of the door panel, below the arm rest but above the lower storage area, and affix the cross over there. I will be tackling this project here in a few days, and will post pics when I get finished.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

link to this... why post there is a post somewhere, without a link?

So you can use the search function

Quick Reply: Crossover locations