Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Couple quick questions on wiring harness

Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Frito Bandito

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Couple quick questions on wiring harness

hey guys,

just got my pioneer x930bt and im in the process off soldering everything but i have a couple questions.

1) on the stock wiring harness, i have 4 brown mute wires do i even use those?

2) the blue wire (power antenna) from the stock harness does that connect to the blue w. white wiring on the pioneer harness that says remote control?

3) the pink wire (phone mute) on the stock harness does that connect to the pink car speed signal input on the pioneer harness?

4) what does the reverse gear signal input connect to on the pioneer harness

5) for the stock harness for the audiophile sub what do i connect the rca and blue w/white wire to?

thanks for any help much appreciated!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Frito Bandito

So after reading up some more, i should just remove all 4 brown mute wires
Old 01-25-2012, 10:29 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Tfolks206
hey guys,

just got my pioneer x930bt and im in the process off soldering everything but i have a couple questions.

1) on the stock wiring harness, i have 4 brown mute wires do i even use those?

2) the blue wire (power antenna) from the stock harness does that connect to the blue w. white wiring on the pioneer harness that says remote control?

3) the pink wire (phone mute) on the stock harness does that connect to the pink car speed signal input on the pioneer harness?

4) what does the reverse gear signal input connect to on the pioneer harness

5) for the stock harness for the audiophile sub what do i connect the rca and blue w/white wire to?

thanks for any help much appreciated!
So here is what I think: RCA on sub to pioneer sub out. blue/white wire on sub to blue/white on pioneer. Reverse gear to reverse wire in steering column for rear camera turn on. Do not connect blue power antenna wire. The pink car speed wire is for the navigation. Not sure about that one. There should be a wire on the Pioneer harness for phone mute to connect to the mute wire on the stock harness. What does the instruction manual say?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Frito Bandito

Ok worked on it a little bit.

So the only wires still not connected are the purple w/ white stripe wire on the pioneer (reverse gear signal input)

And

The pink wire from the pioneer (car speed signal input)

The only wire left untouched on the stock harness is the pink (phone mute) wire

Where should I be connecting these? Also I have the axxess steering wheel controls but need help connecting that as well

Thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Frito Bandito

i assume the purple with white stripe on the pioneer (reverse gear signal input) needs to be tapped into my reverse wire in the driver side kick plate or whatever
Old 01-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

I hope every thing works for you but it seems to me that a$25 plug and play wireing adapter harness would have been the way to go
Old 01-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Frito Bandito

bubby i do have a plug and play adapter, what i mean by stock harness is the stock metra harness that connects to it, not the actual stock ford harness

there is a pink (phone mute) wire coming from the metra harness that i have not connected anything to is this used? i have a pink wire on the pioneer harness but that is for the car speed wire. do those connect?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:43 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

bubby i do have a plug and play adapter, what i mean by stock harness is the stock metra harness that connects to it, not the actual stock ford harness

there is a pink (phone mute) wire coming from the metra harness that i have not connected anything to is this used? i have a pink wire on the pioneer harness but that is for the car speed wire. do those connect?
Sorry for the missinformation I thought you were try ing to conect to the factery harness
Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Again what do the instructions say? Ask yourself why would a car speed wire hook up to a phone mute wire? The car speed wire is for navigation. If you don't have navigation then you won't use it. The Axcess should have info on there website for your vehicle. You will plug it in the back of the Pioneer receiver, red for 12V DC. Black for ground. and you will connect another wire(or more) to the factory wire(s) that control your steering wheel controls.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Frito Bandito

ha sorry for all the questions, posted them before i figured them out, i think i only have one questions left

1) where will i tap into my video and reverse wires to get the back up camera to come on the pioneer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Couple quick questions on wiring harness