Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Component 6.5 question and seeking advise

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Component 6.5 question and seeking advise

To give a quick run down. 2013 Lariat with Sony system. I’ve already removed the factory Sony sub and went with 2 JL Audio 10W0’s in a sealed downfiring box along with a mono JL amp pushing them and to me they sound fantastic. Now I’m moving on to the front sound stage. I just got a set of focal access 165as 6.5 components for the front, 6.5 brackets. A Rockford Fosgate DSR1 along with the ford harness extension. A JL 4 channel amp. Question I have I hope I’m right. The factory door speakers and front pillar are completely wired separate from each other and runs independently into the sony amp. So when it’s time to wire the new tweeters and 6.5 doors, do I disconnect the current tweeters from the factory harness and just run new wire from the focal crossover to the new focal tweeters in the pillars. I not sure exactly what the best option is. I’m thinking 2 Channels 75 watts rms to front and 2 channels 75 watts to rear. In the rear I have a set of jbl 6x8’s 6820’s I got fairly cheap. I’ve seen a lot of installs on the forum and I noticed some have the crossovers mounted next to the amps in the back. So thoughts on where the focal crossovers would be best suited as well

ive been buying bits and pieces and just saving up to finally get it all installed. I’m hoping I can tackle replacing the components myself and have a professional tear apart the console and replace the factory amp and dial in the dsr1. Any thoughts or advice would be fantastic and help me a lot.

Quick Reply: Component 6.5 question and seeking advise