Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Can't find this answer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 12:57 PM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Can't find this answer.

Lord i feel like a noob right now. I've installed a few systems on older cars. Since owning my truck, i really liked the stock system but adding some Inifity speakers all around to help. I now want more power to the doors and thinking about adding an amp.

For the life of me, i cannot think of how i'm wiring it to keep the stock sony sub/amp/HU left alone. only looking to get a small, 4ch amp for the doors and that's it.

I know the sub is wired as are the speakers but what am i taping into for signal and where? i've been searching on here but seems i'm the only one that wants to keep the factory sub/amp/HU? do i need a processor to keep the factory HU?
Old 03-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

I have the Sony system. I upgraded the door speakers (comps in front, coax in rear) and added a powered sub, keeping the sony sub. Stock HU and amp. I really like the sound. Sure it could be better but I did not want to invest the time or money.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by yanki01
Lord i feel like a noob right now. I've installed a few systems on older cars. Since owning my truck, i really liked the stock system but adding some Inifity speakers all around to help. I now want more power to the doors and thinking about adding an amp.

For the life of me, i cannot think of how i'm wiring it to keep the stock sony sub/amp/HU left alone. only looking to get a small, 4ch amp for the doors and that's it.

I know the sub is wired as are the speakers but what am i taping into for signal and where? i've been searching on here but seems i'm the only one that wants to keep the factory sub/amp/HU? do i need a processor to keep the factory HU?
You don't really need a processor. They do however make a new processor that is made for those with the Sony HU. You will need to tap into the Sony amp using the connections going out of the Sony amp into your new amp because the signal coming from the Sony HU is digital. Then out to your speakers. What is your reason for wanting to upgrade the amp? What is your budget?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You don't really need a processor. They do however make a new processor that is made for those with the Sony HU. You will need to tap into the Sony amp using the connections going out of the Sony amp into your new amp because the signal coming from the Sony HU is digital. Then out to your speakers. What is your reason for wanting to upgrade the amp? What is your budget?
already have the speakers, so not including the wires needed - roughly $150?
Old 03-09-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by yanki01
already have the speakers, so not including the wires needed - roughly $150?
If you buy an amplified sub. There are good suggestions on this forum
Old 03-10-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
If you buy an amplified sub. There are good suggestions on this forum
I already have the sony system with sony sub and want to leave it all in tact. only looking to amp the door speakers.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Dazed and Confused

I have read the Sony amp is in the 40-50 RMS range. A small amp would be near that range too. Why do you feel the need to add an amp? I upgraded the door speakers and running them from the Sony amp and very pleased with the sound and loudness. I added a powered sub to the Sony sub and very pleased with the bass. Start with upgrading the door speakers and perhaps add a sub then see how it sounds. If still not happy then go with the major rewire and upgrade.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:36 PM

I've added door speakers, Infinity and they've helped a little. just looking for more power to the doors.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Dazed and Confused

You are looking at $$$ and time. And is it really worth it ? I guess my tired old ears are happy with the Sony system and upgrades I have done. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have a 2019 F250 Limited Superduty with the "B&O" system. I called up Zen yesterday and they said that on the superduty models, it received B&O badging but was actually a Sony amplifier. It did not stick with the a2p protocol. My question at this point is then how do I go about replacing the factory amps. I want to follow this thread as a guide with using a DSP prior to an amplifier, however I believe that my integration module would be a PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD2 with the toslink module. Can anyone confirm that the AmpPro would do the factory integration and send back out a toslink to a dm-810 DSP. From there I would go out analog to a lc-6.1200 as well as a mono amplifier for the subs.

One further question would be, on these systems would I still need to run new wire to the tweeters in the front for active crossovers?