Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Busted door speaker

Old 04-23-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Busted door speaker

Ok, here we go.... I got my truck a couple weeks ago, and the right front door speaker sounds busted. I hear it on some songs more than others, but either way, busted is busted. I would like to change out all the speakers, but really wanting to do it slowly. Little bit here, little bit there type of thing. It is a 2014 XLT with the 4.3 screen. There is nothing under the back seats or behind them, so Im assuming there is no factory amp or sub?? I have changed several speakers in several different cars and trucks over my life time, so Im not to worried about that. What I have questions on though is, which speakers should I get? Im very familiar with crutchfield,and how they will match up speakers for you by what fits and so on. But, what will give me the best sound? Is there anything that just works better for our trucks? Or something to avoid?

Also, in the past, Ive changed a set of speakers and lost all the bass. Speakers sounded good but could hardly hear any bass at all. Had to then install an amp and sub to make the overall sound, sound good again. Now, Im not against amps and subs, but don't want to have to buy and install a set if I can avoid it. Is there a speaker that will still be good for bass?

Ok, just got off the phone with crutchfield. They recommend the JBL GT7-86 GT7 series 2 way speaker, $80. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Barry63028; 04-23-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:38 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry63028
Ok, here we go.... I got my truck a couple weeks ago, and the right front door speaker sounds busted. I hear it on some songs more than others, but either way, busted is busted. I would like to change out all the speakers, but really wanting to do it slowly. Little bit here, little bit there type of thing. It is a 2014 XLT with the 4.3 screen. There is nothing under the back seats or behind them, so Im assuming there is no factory amp or sub?? I have changed several speakers in several different cars and trucks over my life time, so Im not to worried about that. What I have questions on though is, which speakers should I get? Im very familiar with crutchfield,and how they will match up speakers for you by what fits and so on. But, what will give me the best sound? Is there anything that just works better for our trucks? Or something to avoid?

Also, in the past, Ive changed a set of speakers and lost all the bass. Speakers sounded good but could hardly hear any bass at all. Had to then install an amp and sub to make the overall sound, sound good again. Now, Im not against amps and subs, but don't want to have to buy and install a set if I can avoid it. Is there a speaker that will still be good for bass?

Ok, just got off the phone with crutchfield. They recommend the JBL GT7-86 GT7 series 2 way speaker, $80. Any thoughts?
In my 2014 I have Kicker in the doors and a dual 10 inch sub box under the rear seat with an Alpine sub amp. You need to consider your budget when doing speakers. Start there and then compare the brands, reviews, etc.

Search this Thread