Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Bass Clipping w/ OEM Head Unit (2015 Sync Touch)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bass Clipping w/ OEM Head Unit (2015 Sync Touch)

I installed an aftermarket amp with a shallow mount JL in a custom box under the seat. I followed the guide in this forum for tapping the speaker wires in the B pillar and it all came out great. However, I have noticed that there is clipping on those rear channels, especially in the bass frequencies, as you turn up the volume. Anyone else notice this and or solve this with a factory Sync headunit?
Old 01-22-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
I installed an aftermarket amp with a shallow mount JL in a custom box under the seat. I followed the guide in this forum for tapping the speaker wires in the B pillar and it all came out great. However, I have noticed that there is clipping on those rear channels, especially in the bass frequencies, as you turn up the volume. Anyone else notice this and or solve this with a factory Sync headunit?
After I added a sub amp I set my HU to flat in the bass settings. That helped keep the bass out. The new sub handled it all.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:48 PM

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

The audio from the factory system is horribly processed. This is why I ripped out MyFord Trash as soon as they released a dash kit that allowed me to. I cannot begin to tell you how much better it sounds. Same amp and speakers, night and day sound difference.

I know it's not what you want to hear. Are you using and Audiocontrol LC6i to convert from speaker level to pre-out? This will help some, and it allows you to re-add the bass that gets cut out at higher volume by the factory system.