Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Audiophile Sub Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Frito Bandito

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Audiophile Sub Problems

This might not be able to be answered but ill give it a shot. Recently I replaced my aftermarket Pioneer HU and went back to the stock one(i prefer it) and although it wasnt my original one, I sent it out to be programmed with everything that came factory with my original one. However, when i got it back, the sub does not work.

When i do the speaker walk test the sub works and I went to the settings and it says the sub woofer is enabled but it just doesnt seem to work and even though it works on the speaker walk test, it doesnt work when you switch back to whatever you are listening to.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks yall
Old 02-20-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trying to understand what you're saying here.

So, do you have the factory head unit installed now? What is the speaker walk test?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Frito Bandito

Yes I have a stock audiophile unit from an 09 Ford Fusion. The unit is the same unit that came with the truck but I made the mistake of selling it when I got a Pioneer aftermarket unit. I added the sync retrofit kit so that I could use the phone and bluetooth feature from the radio and it works great.

However after I got the radio back from being programmed, the stock audiophile sub does not work when any type of music is playing.

The speaker walk test is achieved by holding the 3 and 6 buttons for 3 seconds and it plays audio through each speaker, LF, RF, LR, RR, SUB. When I do this and it gets to the subwoofer it works but when I exit the test and go back to the radio, the sub does not work.

It seems my only options are to a) send it back to the place I had it programmed b) talk to the dealer next time I am there c) go back to an aftermarket radio

Last edited by Stormtrooper206; 02-20-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

What year truck is this?

Last edited by Wyo11Scab; 02-20-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Frito Bandito

08, guess i should have put that in there. and before anyone thinks i put a newer nav unit in that is found on the 09+ trucks i did not, it is the exact same one that i had when i bought the truck new. Although there is now the option to do that.

http://www.4dtech.com/#!store/czm5/!...egory=11291409

Last edited by Stormtrooper206; 02-20-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:13 PM

OK so the sub worked with the aftermarket radio and does the walk around test OK. I would have to think then the problem is with the programming. Would you be able to check for power at the sub when just the radio is playing? Is there a separate sub adjustment on that radio? Probably not....
Old 02-20-2015, 05:33 PM
Frito Bandito

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
OK so the sub worked with the aftermarket radio and does the walk around test OK. I would have to think then the problem is with the programming. Would you be able to check for power at the sub when just the radio is playing? Is there a separate sub adjustment on that radio? Probably not....

not a separate sub control, just bass in general. The guy at 4dtech told me i could try it by taking the radio out and putting a headphone jack against the two pins for audio on the back of the unit but i could never seem to touch the pins the right way. Obviously I could send it back, i just haven't because its a minimum of $75 plus shipping both ways, and then not having a radio for 2 weeks (since hes in new york and i'm in Seattle).

Looks like that is what it is going to come to though, just figured i would post and see if anyone else had this problem and a possible fix
Old 02-21-2015, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tfolks206
not a separate sub control, just bass in general. The guy at 4dtech told me i could try it by taking the radio out and putting a headphone jack against the two pins for audio on the back of the unit but i could never seem to touch the pins the right way. Obviously I could send it back, i just haven't because its a minimum of $75 plus shipping both ways, and then not having a radio for 2 weeks (since hes in new york and i'm in Seattle).

Looks like that is what it is going to come to though, just figured i would post and see if anyone else had this problem and a possible fix
I would think that if it was a problem with the programming they should pay he the freight and repair. You could always put the aftermarket back in while it is getting repaired.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Frito Bandito

I've emailed him but is not giving a discount and I would put the old one back in but I sold that so that's why I said I'll be 2 weeks without a radio.

I'm considering getting the Alpine X800U
Old 02-23-2015, 01:35 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

They didn't program it properly but you're still on the hook for shipping? Note to self: don't do business with 4dtech.

Quick Reply: Audiophile Sub Problems