Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Audiocontrol LCQ-1 Connection ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiocontrol LCQ-1 Connection ???

I was planning to purchase an LCQ-1 to install in my 2012 Ford F150 to improve sound quality and maybe add some amps and sub later. I have the factory sony with Nav and was wondering how exactly I would connect the LCQ-1 considering that there is already a factory installed amp in the console.

I know I would use the already amplified signals coming from the factory amp but what i really would like to know is how people are making the connection between the amp to the LCQ-1 and then to the existing speaker wires that would be disconnected from the factory amp. Is there any type of after market connector or harness available, I would prefer not to cut and splice any wires if at all possible.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Amateur Hour

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Newfiestang50
I was planning to purchase an LCQ-1 to install in my 2012 Ford F150 to improve sound quality and maybe add some amps and sub later. I have the factory sony with Nav and was wondering how exactly I would connect the LCQ-1 considering that there is already a factory installed amp in the console.

I know I would use the already amplified signals coming from the factory amp but what i really would like to know is how people are making the connection between the amp to the LCQ-1 and then to the existing speaker wires that would be disconnected from the factory amp. Is there any type of after market connector or harness available, I would prefer not to cut and splice any wires if at all possible.
I have no idea but I do have the LCQ-1 and it's amazing
Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asutrent
I have no idea but I do have the LCQ-1 and it's amazing
So how did you connect it? Did you cut/splice into wires?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Amateur Hour

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Newfiestang50
So how did you connect it? Did you cut/splice into wires?
I don't have the Sony system, so it was straight forward with a Metra BT-5520 wiring harness. I spliced into the harness, but you have a different situation where you have to splice the signal from the amp to the speakers.

Quick Reply: Audiocontrol LCQ-1 Connection ???