Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

AudioControl LC6i

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 04:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AudioControl LC6i

Hello to all! I have recently installed a LC6i in my 2011 Screw limited and I am having an issue with a constant ringing/hum noise. It does not matter if the truck is running or engine off with the radio still on while the doors remain closed it still does it. Volume of the music doesn't make a difference, its always the same tone/volume. I have tried the 1/2w 150ohm resistors and still have the issue. I am 110% all connections are right and in their proper place away from power cables, great grounds for all, etc. ANY help with this issue would be amazing as this noise is driving me CRAZY!
Old 02-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Mass Effect

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

My first suspect would be the ground. Make sure it's a really good location and well mounted on good metal with the paint removed.

My next suspect would be the gains and inputs. There will always be noise when converting high level speaker inputs to low level RCA's so you'll need a low gain setting and powerful amp to keep the noise floor at bay. Audiocontrol units are also kinda known for being noisier than other units. Shouldn't be as bad as you're describing though.

So yeah, check the ground again for the LCI6 and then adjust the input and gain settings on the unit as well as your amp.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:28 PM

https://youtu.be/EPagEiSBZrw

Here is a Video of it making the sound. It's at the very end.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:47 AM
Mass Effect

Originally Posted by Limited212
https://youtu.be/EPagEiSBZrw

Here is a Video of it making the sound. It's at the very end.
That actually sounds more like a defective unit than a wiring issue. I'd check your wiring just to be sure then contact Audiocontrol about possibly exchanging the unit if you decide you can't live with that noise. That is a very peculiar turn off pop.
The following users liked this post:
Grumble (02-07-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 10:01 AM

It's not a turn off pop it's when the unit first turns itself on
Old 02-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Mass Effect

Either way, it sounds more like a defective unit assuming your wiring is good to go. If your wiring was the issue then I would think the noise would always be there. Since it's just at startup, it sounds like a problem with the unit. If contact Audiocontrol and see what they say about it.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:36 PM

So I adjusted my input level on the amp to under 25% then turned the output of the LC6i up. It has definitely made the ringing sound quieter, its still there though. I believe its just the nature of the beast as I've read that audiocontrol units are noisy. Thanks for the help and insight!