Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Another stock Nav system...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Default Another stock Nav system...

Well- not exactly...
Added an Audison 5 channel amp, Hertz separates all around, and a Kenwood 10" in a ported box (tuned to 36hz).
Much nicer, but further improvements coming next spring...
Attached Thumbnails Another stock Nav system...-audio-upgrade-2012-1.jpg   Another stock Nav system...-audio-upgrade-2012-2.jpg   Another stock Nav system...-audio-upgrade-2012-2a.jpg   Another stock Nav system...-audio-upgrade-2012-5.jpg   Another stock Nav system...-audio-upgrade-2012-7.jpg  

Another stock Nav system...-audio-upgrade-2012-8.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts

Looks awesome and very clean. What processor did you use for output to the amp?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

I left that up to my installer, as he did all the final work. Not happy with the Ford Processing, so I'm going to go with a new Kenwood Nav in the spring. I now see why people focus on that so much, as this is the first system I've ever gone with using Factory head units. They are great for what they do (Nav, Sync,etc.), but for high end, simply do not have the processing power...
I'll be watching here to see if I use anything like a Bit One or Bit Ten. Curious to see how people are making out with those and other units.
Was very happy with how solid the doors are from the factory.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimaa66
I left that up to my installer, as he did all the final work. Not happy with the Ford Processing, so I'm going to go with a new Kenwood Nav in the spring. I now see why people focus on that so much, as this is the first system I've ever gone with using Factory head units. They are great for what they do (Nav, Sync,etc.), but for high end, simply do not have the processing power...
I'll be watching here to see if I use anything like a Bit One or Bit Ten. Curious to see how people are making out with those and other units.
Was very happy with how solid the doors are from the factory.
Nice looking system! Very clean and I am happy to see the HT25.4 tweeters look nice in the factory location. My old system was an Audison LRX3.1K, Hertz HSK165.4 (same as you) Hertz HX250D sub and an Audison Bitone. I have to say the Bitone made the system sing. I did this all using the factory Navigation in an Audi A4. That car was written off and I replaced it with my F150. I am going to use an Audison SR5, Hertz ESK570, Bitten and a Hertz ESF woofer.

If you have any questions at all I can give you a hand with the Bitone as I worked for the Hertz/Audison distributor for nearly 5 years and went through many trainings on it.

Quick Reply: Another stock Nav system...