Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

amp/sub compatibility question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default amp/sub compatibility question

pretty soon(eventually) im buying a 15" T1. a guy is tellin me hell sell me a brand new alpine v-power 500 watt amp(MRP-M500) for 100 bucks. its a pretty good deal pricewise, itd cut down on the cost of my system a little. but i dont know a whole lot about watts and sound systems and all that, would that amp and amount of watts work good with that sub or should i look for a different amp?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using GD2 with PHP 5.2.9.2 and I'm trying to create a dynamic compass type thing. What I'd like is simply an arrow image that will change where it's pointing based on the
get variable I pass to it. Problem is that because the image is square, imagerotate (the function I'm using) makes the overall canvas bigger and bigger, to it's maximum size, at any of the 45 degree angles. This is not what I expected, nor what I want, what I'd much prefer is it to stay exactly in it's place and clipping to occur. I understand how I could do this manually, but to do so, I'd need the dimensions of the newly rotated image, in it's current form, rather than how it was.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

..?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like a great deal for that alpine. As far as compatibility, I think those fit well together. The T1 can handle 600 watts RMS and the Alpine pushes 500 RMS into 2 ohms. Get some 4 or 8 gauge wire and you'll be all set.

Quick Reply: amp/sub compatibility question