Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amp install question

Old 10-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Amp install question

Hello

I have a 2011FX4 and I will be installing an amp. One criteria is that it must fit behind the dash. I found two amps that I am considering Alpine KTP445 or a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4. My question is will the slightly bigger Rockford amp fit? Is there enough ventilation to cool the amp? Oh and I also need to squeeze in a PAC adapter.

Thanx for your help.

Rob.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I can tell you from doing a lot of F150's behind the dash on these it is a cavern of space. The factory Nav sony uses a lot of cooling and it copes well in this space. Pop off the two side panels one pass one driverside and look and measure if the amp has space. There seems to be a lot of cross flow behind there anyways but just look for space. I think the Rockford would be my pick but I used a lot of Rockford over the years. Alpine is a bit smaller but I have not heard of anyone complain it is under powered and they are not happy with the end result. The biggest thing is doing a component setup in the fronts and coaxial rears. look to mount the tweeters up high if you do......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amp install question