Amp and DSP suggestion - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp and DSP suggestion

Old 03-10-2018, 12:34 PM

Default Amp and DSP suggestion

I currently have a 2018 Super crew Sync 3 Non-Sony system. My plan is to install focal components up front and Coax in the rear with 2 12" kickers (500w RMS) for the subs. Since I will keep the factory radio I was going with from the HU to the FIX86 and then into my Alpine amps PDX-M6 for subs and PDR-F50 for the other speakers.
Now I am questioning whether to go this route or should I get something like the Audio Control D-6.1200 to power everything including the DSP or is the current setup enough?

I'm not really a purist but just want a good sound system.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-10-2018, 12:38 PM

There are many options out there. I have the same non-B&O stereo in my 2018 F150 and I chose the Audison AP8.9 Bit amp/dsp combo to power my front Helix comps and rear coaxs. It's small and supposedly has one of the best dsps on the market. I will be installing it tomorrow and can't wait to see if it's all that it's cracked up to be.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:32 PM

I went with the audio control LC6.1200 just so i don't have to buy a fix86 and another amp. Haven't installed it yet as i'm still piecing together my setup.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:47 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yinger View Post
I went with the audio control LC6.1200 just so i don't have to buy a fix86 and another amp. Haven't installed it yet as i'm still piecing together my setup.

The AC LC6.1200 looks like a nice rig
Old 03-10-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by pohlmeyr View Post
I currently have a 2018 Super crew Sync 3 Non-Sony system. My plan is to install focal components up front and Coax in the rear with 2 12" kickers (500w RMS) for the subs. Since I will keep the factory radio I was going with from the HU to the FIX86 and then into my Alpine amps PDX-M6 for subs and PDR-F50 for the other speakers.
Now I am questioning whether to go this route or should I get something like the Audio Control D-6.1200 to power everything including the DSP or is the current setup enough?

I'm not really a purist but just want a good sound system.

Thanks in advance!
How are you tapping into your HU? Are you gonna use the Parrot For-11ck harness?
Old 03-10-2018, 03:19 PM

I'm going to use the CARAV 12-240 Adapter as I couldn't find the Parrott For-11ck harness.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-10-2018, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by pohlmeyr View Post
I'm going to use the CARAV 12-240 Adapter as I couldn't find the Parrott For-11ck harness.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ok cool, I heard thatís basically the same thing. Just a couple more connectors.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:29 AM

Make sure the Carav still works with the 2018s. It won't with the B&O system (as far as I am aware there is no harness yet for those, could be wrong) but might with the stock.

I also use the Audison 8.9, see my in-progress build thread in my sig. I am replacing my speakers next week with Focal components in front and coax in rear. Right now the Audison drives the stock B&O speakers. Sounds great, though I am not pushing them nearly as hard as I could because I don't want to blow the stocks (for example in the Audison config I have about 9db of gain left for the tweeters and about 5 for the doors, which is quite a bit of headroom).

The Audison is excellent - cleans up the factory signal and the DSP is excellent, though it takes some time to tune via software. The B&O presents some challenges, such as not passing full range to the doors, meaning I had to use both the tweeter and sub inputs, and since it only has 6 inputs I had to add an LC2i to grab the high level inputs from the sub (I used the 6 on the Audison for the 4 doors + tweeters). Bit of a pain but worked great. You may have the same problem with the stock; depends if it is sending full range to the door speakers or not - if it does, the 8.9 has active crossovers that can easily filter the freqs out so you only have to tap in to those.

If the harness doesn't work you'll need to cut and solder wires like I did. For amp turn on, I don't recommend signal sensing (flaky in my experience) instead tap one of the post-ignition accessory fuses like #38 in the passenger kick for amp turn on/off.

This week I am going to play around with Forscan some more, disable the fake engine noise (your STX probably doesn't have this) and see if there is a way to get full range to the doors at least. If so I can use the passive crossovers the Focal components come with and run everything through the 8.9. I'll also be able to bridge both channels this way (from 8 to 4). I'll keep my build thread linked in my sig updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to planetix For This Useful Post:
ajw068 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 01:38 PM

I have focal fronts and rears. You will love the sound they produce!
Old 03-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Yinger View Post
That's a really nice piece. Would that work with the Sony in my 16 if through Forscan I flatten the EQ and change the sound output to low level? Or is something like the DSR1 still needed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amp and DSP suggestion

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: