Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amp in 04-08 Scab

Old 12-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Project White Fang

Received 262 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Amp in 04-08 Scab

Does anyone have there amps mounted on the back wall of there f-150. I have the extended cab not the screw. When i got my amp and subs installed a few months back they said there was no room on the backwall and mounted it elsewhere. I know they never checked because they said there boss has the same truck and there was no room on his backwall. I didnt mind at first but its just annoying now, and im thinking of going back to them and telling them i want it on the backwall, because i know people that have it there. I think they were just to lazy and wanted to shave off some time so they didnt do it that way. So before i go just want to make sure. I know people have them on the backwalls of the screws but i dont know if it would be different for a scab. It doesnt have the sliding window in the back either and it is just a small alpine MRP 650 mono amp.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2010, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 08 stx scab

Old 12-14-2010, 02:28 PM

As far as I know, it's a negative. And, the location of the amplifier doesn't really "shave off time" in the installation process in your case. Is there any particular reason you're so annoyed with having the amplifiers located there?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 PM

take the picture i posted in and tell them maybee they should do some research before just assuming there is no room...
Old 12-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by M0N5TR
my 08 stx scab

Thanks for the picture man thats perfect. I will be sure to show them if they still don't believe me.

Originally Posted by JohnViper
As far as I know, it's a negative. And, the location of the amplifier doesn't really "shave off time" in the installation process in your case. Is there any particular reason you're so annoyed with having the amplifiers located there?
ya well im not sure why they didnt want to do it but when i suggested it they clearly didnt want to for some reason, maybe its more difficult i have no idea but the way they did it they didnt have to take off the back seat. .. my middle seat doesn't go up so no one can sit there, also no cup holders in the back or cig lighter not that I or anyone else smokes in my truck all because of where the amp is mounted. The middle seat not going up is just the part that bugs me the most.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:49 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Here's a little more ammo, I don't have a picture of mine installed, but here's msall150 from diyma.com's
Old 12-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Project White Fang

So i went back last week and informed them of how i have a friend with his amps in the back and they told me the reason why they said it couldnt be done is because the amp will overheat back there which doesn't make sense to me but apparently it happens lots. They also said it would take a lot longer to mount it behind the seat and would cost more money....
Old 01-04-2011, 02:22 PM

i had an alpine m450 amp or whatever it was for my interiors than a kickerzx750 for my subs behind the rear seat. well after bumpin smoke filled the cabin it sure did overheat. this was in the summer time. i really want to put another amp for my sub behind their cause my truck was robbed of 2 amps subs and head unit. so for it to be hiddin will be nice, any reccomondations on amps that wont overheat? what amps do you guys have in your pictures, where else to conceal an amp, is the headliner hard? im sure its much harder than behind the rear seat!
thanks guys!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Class D amps generate significantly less heat.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Project White Fang

good to no

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amp in 04-08 Scab