Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Alpine all in one compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine all in one compatibility

I have decided to install the Alpine INA-900BT All-In-One from my 2003 FX4 SCREW into my 2012 FX4SCREW. Wondering what will and will not work when I do.
1. Will the compass, outside temperature and clock still display on the small screen at top of control console?
2. My installer assures me that my factory rear camera will display on the Alpine, but will the backup sensor warning work?
3. Will the factory microphone work with the Alpine bluetooth so that I don't have to use the clip on mic that I had with the 2003 install?
4. Will the steering wheel controls have full functionality, i.e., volume, source, next preset?

Jack Kennerly
2012 FX4 Supercrew w/top towing pkg
Old 03-24-2013, 09:23 PM

Well, it is installed. It was a first for my dealer/installer so it involved a few do overs.
1. The compass and outside air temp display after the factory radio is removed but not the clock.
2. This was one of the do overs. When I picked up the truck they told me that the camera wouldn't display on the Alpine unit. I did some research on the web and spliced the video feed of the Alpine to the wires under the driver's kick panel. Had to look in back of mirror to determine wire colors.
3. The factory bluetooth works after the factory radio is removed so the Alpine bluetooth is not used. So the factory microphone serves bluetoothe and sync.
4. The steering wheel controls are fully functional. The installer did say that programing the SWC adaper was the most difficult part of the install.

Another do over: when I first started using the new unit receiving or initiating a call over bluetooth shut the Alpine off and turned it back on when the call ended. I took it back and they just connected the line from the sync adaper to the mute input of the Alpine. Now it just mutes the Alpine.
The PAC sync adapter works great. All sync functions are available including the USB and miniplug below the radio. Since the factory radio contained the controls for sync, the adapter included a small controller (about 1-1/2 x 3 inches) that fit nicely in the tray just forward of the gear shifter.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by jckennerly
Well, it is installed. It was a first for my dealer/installer so it involved a few do overs.
1. The compass and outside air temp display after the factory radio is removed but not the clock.
2. This was one of the do overs. When I picked up the truck they told me that the camera wouldn't display on the Alpine unit. I did some research on the web and spliced the video feed of the Alpine to the wires under the driver's kick panel. Had to look in back of mirror to determine wire colors.
3. The factory bluetooth works after the factory radio is removed so the Alpine bluetooth is not used. So the factory microphone serves bluetoothe and sync.
4. The steering wheel controls are fully functional. The installer did say that programing the SWC adaper was the most difficult part of the install.

Another do over: when I first started using the new unit receiving or initiating a call over bluetooth shut the Alpine off and turned it back on when the call ended. I took it back and they just connected the line from the sync adaper to the mute input of the Alpine. Now it just mutes the Alpine.
The PAC sync adapter works great. All sync functions are available including the USB and miniplug below the radio. Since the factory radio contained the controls for sync, the adapter included a small controller (about 1-1/2 x 3 inches) that fit nicely in the tray just forward of the gear shifter.
You can unplug the controller screen. You don't need it.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:30 AM

That would be nice, but how would I scroll through the sync menus. The original controls were in the factory radio, which was removed. The documentation says the controller is not needed on some Lincolns but is required on my 2012 F-150 FX4. I would like not to use it.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by jckennerly
That would be nice, but how would I scroll through the sync menus. The original controls were in the factory radio, which was removed. The documentation says the controller is not needed on some Lincolns but is required on my 2012 F-150 FX4. I would like not to use it.
Use the steering wheel controls

Quick Reply: Alpine all in one compatibility