Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket speakers for 2006 F150 super cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket speakers for 2006 F150 super cab

I have been looking into getting some aftermarket speakers. I would like to get some cheapish speakers(4 for $100 or less), but I would like them to sound nice and accurate. I have found some db drive S3-57v2 speakers ( http://dbdrive.net/product/s3-57v2/ ) at a local car audio store(they were like $44 for a pair). The worker there told me that these are one of his favorite sounding speakers for how low of a price they are. I began to think about getting them but after looking them up, I found out that the cone is made of paper. I thought paper cones were bad quality. How bad are paper cones exactly? I'm not too sure of what to get yet, so any help or advice will do. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:29 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by AwesomeAl911
I have been looking into getting some aftermarket speakers. I would like to get some cheapish speakers(4 for $100 or less), but I would like them to sound nice and accurate. I have found some db drive S3-57v2 speakers ( http://dbdrive.net/product/s3-57v2/ ) at a local car audio store(they were like $44 for a pair). The worker there told me that these are one of his favorite sounding speakers for how low of a price they are. I began to think about getting them but after looking them up, I found out that the cone is made of paper. I thought paper cones were bad quality. How bad are paper cones exactly? I'm not too sure of what to get yet, so any help or advice will do. Thanks.
Look into Kicker.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why do some on here say that you need an amp with aftermarket speakers? How much power does the stock radio put out?
Old 01-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by icedriver
Why do some on here say that you need an amp with aftermarket speakers? How much power does the stock radio put out?
Really depends on the type of speaker and their efficiency. Some say components need an amp. I have used Kicker 6 x 8's without an amp and they are fine powered off the factory HU. The real output of the factory HU is unknown but best guess have around 10 watts per channel if lucky.
My suggestion is always try the new speakers without an amp first. You can always add one later.
The following users liked this post:
icedriver (01-07-2016)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket speakers for 2006 F150 super cab