Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket satellite antenna locations?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Aftermarket satellite antenna locations?

I would like to keep using the stock satellite antenna with the SXV200 tuner I have, but unfortunately the end of the stock antenna wire without the ford plastic adapter is way too small to plug it in and keep it there without tape. I'm wondering if this is why I'm getting a "check tuner" message on my Sync screen on start up 9 out of 10 times I start up my truck.

So I figured I might as well try the antenna that came with the SXV200 tuner....it's got to fit more snug then the stock one does.

Where have you guys had luck mounting the antenna? I've read some posts here that have said on the dash has worked, and some that say that it doesn't work and it has to be on the roof. I'd like to avoid having to run the wire up to the roof because there's already a satellite antenna there. But then again....do I really want something else on my dash along with the light sensor and GPS antenna? Dunno....so I'd like to hear what you guys have had luck with.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm going to do my install Sunday, but I am planning on putting it on the dash close to where the light sensor is. Did it that way in my first Mazdaspeed3 and it worked great.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 PM

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Figured I could try it and if it doesn't work too well there then I'll have to try something else.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:23 PM

Well I installed the antenna that came with the SXV200 tuner. Ended up putting it up on the top passenger side right by the corner of the windshield. Started up my truck...and I'm still seeing the "check tuner" message flash on the Sync screen.

So I called SiriusXM to see what they think, and they agree with Kenwood that it's probably a faulty tuner. And since I haven't seen anyone here say they've noticed a message flash on their head unit or Sync display I have to assume that it needs to be replaced.

Thankfully Crutchfield is so cool about dealing with these issues. I should have the new tuner by mid week. Most likely I'm going to just use the antenna that came with it because it's already in place and the end of the cable actually fits into the tuner nice and snug without having to use tape to hold it in there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket satellite antenna locations?