Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket Radio Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Radio Tune

I bought a JVC double DIN replacement radio for my 05 f150. I need to adjust the bass, middle, and treble so I don't blow out my factory speakers (they might already be blown, how do I tell?). I only listen to country music. No amp or bass. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 04:15 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Man the best way I know to tune your stereo is to just have all settings on zero (bass, treble, etc.) While a song is playing, turn your volume a tad higher than you would normally listen to it (almost 'jamming out' volume). Then start making adjustments sparingly. One of the more common mistakes of tuning a stereo is to adjust the settings too high. With no amp, remember that your not going to be giving much power to your speakers so setting bass, treble, etc. to a high value will likely cause more harm than good.

Also, blowing a speaker is mostly done by not giving it enough power, but cranking the volume. This causes distortion and heat, which destroys speakers.

Last edited by PondJumper; 06-29-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

Do you have a manual? I had more luck getting the manual on line. It seemed to be easier to read that the paper version. Try it at jvc.com and put in your radio number.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:59 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by kevindecesaris
I bought a JVC double DIN replacement radio for my 05 f150. I need to adjust the bass, middle, and treble so I don't blow out my factory speakers (they might already be blown, how do I tell?). I only listen to country music. No amp or bass. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Adjust your bass until the speakers distort. You will know if they are already blown

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Radio Tune