Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket Radio installed now it's a Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 478 Likes on 293 Posts

Default Aftermarket Radio installed now it's a Mustang GT

So my 2010 factory radio was crapping out getting worse and worse. I asked on this forum about buying a used factory exact match from junkyard or off ebay and all I got was put in a nice aftermarket.

So I ordered in the nice aftermarket, put it in with an adapter single DIN kit from Curtchfield.

I assumed I would loose the clock on the display and of course the radio/cd into on the display at the top of the dash. Since that entire set of button got removed with the radio controls.

So now it appears I still have the compass function on the old radio display, might have lost the outside temp which I do like to have, but the center of the display just always says Mustang GT.

Other than putting black tape over this entire display area is there a fix for this sillyness. Hopefully the actual engine control computer does not reset all the control curves to that of a Mustang GT and it's just this sill display.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by David Hineline
So my 2010 factory radio was crapping out getting worse and worse. I asked on this forum about buying a used factory exact match from junkyard or off ebay and all I got was put in a nice aftermarket.

So I ordered in the nice aftermarket, put it in with an adapter single DIN kit from Curtchfield.

I assumed I would loose the clock on the display and of course the radio/cd into on the display at the top of the dash. Since that entire set of button got removed with the radio controls.

So now it appears I still have the compass function on the old radio display, might have lost the outside temp which I do like to have, but the center of the display just always says Mustang GT.

Other than putting black tape over this entire display area is there a fix for this sillyness. Hopefully the actual engine control computer does not reset all the control curves to that of a Mustang GT and it's just this sill display.
Never saw that before....
Old 11-08-2017, 08:17 PM

I found one other post on the web where his display said F150 Ford Tough. I tried pulling the negative from the battery terminal for an hour to do some type of resent and when I connected back up it says Mustang GT I do have compass and outside temp which is all I need since the new radio covers clock and radio display. If the truck all of a sudden has the performance of a Mustang GT I guess it was an easy mod.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:44 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

what aftermarket unit did you purchase? actually, it doesn't really matter at this point. you bought from crutchfield and they have the absolute best customer service of any company i have ever bought anything from. call them, explain what is happening and they will make it right for you.

i once bought a headunit from them and it was malfunctioning. called their support, explained what the problem was and they over-nighted me a replacement unit with return label for the original.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:35 AM

Crutchfield tech support did not know, I did not expect them to know since it's a Ford thing.