Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket HU to OEM Amp/Sub in 2006 Screw

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket HU to OEM Amp/Sub in 2006 Screw

I'm in the process of replacing the stock single CD non Audiophile HU in my 2006 Supercrew with a Pioneer aftermarket unit. I've only been able to locate, here and online, installations of Scabs or reg. cab trucks with the under dash amp/subs (using Metra 70-5521 adapters). My truck did not come equipped with an OEM amp/sub, but I found one locally, inexpensively. I come to find out, my truck does not have the hit or miss harness for the under rear seat amp, under the carpet.
I contacted Scosche directly to find a connector to match my OEM amp, and they suggested FD23FB as the required connector. Through days of searching here and elsewhere, I think I can use the red RCA jack on the HU, strip down an RCA plug and wire Pin 1 on the connector to the RCA positive and Pin 2 to the shielded wire from the RCA plug. I should also connect the blue/white system remote control wire, with a 1.5K resistor, to pin 4. Running a power and ground should complete the installation.
Can someone wiser than me verify this? Or point me in the direction I need to be heading. My head unit arrives today and the connector tomorrow. Thanx

Last edited by good knight; 11-21-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:19 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by good knight
I'm in the process of replacing the stock single CD non Audiophile HU in my 2006 Supercrew with a Pioneer aftermarket unit. I've only been able to locate, here and online, installations of Scabs or reg. cab trucks with the under dash amp/subs (using Metra 70-5521 adapters). My truck did not come equipped with an OEM amp/sub, but I found one locally, inexpensively. I come to find out, my trucks does not have the hit or miss harness for the under rear seat amp, under the carpet.
I contacted Scosche directly to find a connector to match my OEM amp, and they suggested FD23FB as the required connector. Through days of searching here and elsewhere, I think I can use the red RCA jack on the HU, strip down an RCA plug and wire Pin 1 on the connector to the RCA positive and Pin 2 to the shielded wire from the RCA plug. I should also connect the blue/white system remote control wire, with a 1.5K resistor, to pin 4. Running a power and ground should complete the installation.
Can someone wiser than me verify this? Or point me in the direction I need to be heading. My head unit arrives today and the connector tomorrow. Thanx
Honestly I would scrap the idea of using the factory amp/sub and use the RCAs from the new HU to put in a good one. You can find a Pioneer with amp for about $150 or less.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:14 AM

Thanx Cowboy, but I'm down to just the wiring at this point, before spending any more $$$
Old 11-21-2016, 04:49 PM

Thanx Cowboy, but I'm down to just the wiring at this point, before spending any more $$$
In that case your wiring scheme should work
Old 11-22-2016, 06:53 PM

Any clue on pin locations for power and ground?
Old 11-23-2016, 03:00 PM

Any clue on pin locations for power and ground?
nope
Old 11-23-2016, 05:38 PM

Three posts with absolutely nothing to offer! Why bother?
Old 11-23-2016, 06:54 PM

Three posts with absolutely nothing to offer! Why bother?
Well Jr. do a little leg work yourself and you will find the answers you seek and then you can go bother someone else. If you would have got an aftermarket sub like I suggested instead of a **** poor factory sub that you are trying to jury rig then you wouldn't have your problem.