Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket Headunit With Factory Speakers, Controls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Headunit With Factory Speakers, Controls?

Am I just missing it, or does it not exist? I'm looking for a thread about the possibility of hooking up an aftermarket DVD/Nav/XM touchscreen headunit to the factory speakers in a 2007 F-150 with the Audiophile subwoofer.

Is there a dedicated connection in the dash for the subwoofer that I can connect to the aftermarket headunit subwoofer line?

Is there a guide somewhere that will tell me how to make the factory steering wheel controls work for the aftermarket headunit? I know this involves an adapter, but how do I find the wires I need?

Any help is appreciated...even if it directs me to the proper search terms...
Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dubs_17
Am I just missing it, or does it not exist? I'm looking for a thread about the possibility of hooking up an aftermarket DVD/Nav/XM touchscreen headunit to the factory speakers in a 2007 F-150 with the Audiophile subwoofer.

Is there a dedicated connection in the dash for the subwoofer that I can connect to the aftermarket headunit subwoofer line?

Is there a guide somewhere that will tell me how to make the factory steering wheel controls work for the aftermarket headunit? I know this involves an adapter, but how do I find the wires I need?

Any help is appreciated...even if it directs me to the proper search terms...
Factory sub hook up is included in Metra 70-5521 -

For steering wheel controls try Metra ASWC, it should have instructions with how to hook it up, the12volt.com should have wiring color codes, if they don't you can PM me.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know what module I need to make the steering wheel volume, seek, band, etc. buttons work with an aftermarket nav/DVD headunit?

-J
Old 05-17-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

http://retailer2.installationexcelle...hicleid=215362

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Headunit With Factory Speakers, Controls?