Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

advent oe nav for 2010 f150

Old 01-21-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advent oe nav for 2010 f150

I picked up a advent oe nav for 2010 f150 stx. (No SYNC ) install was easy and straight forward. Well with the 09-10 you have to tap into the red ignition wire on the main harness going to the can module. Cut the wire so you by pass the module. Then extend that female connector over to the fuse panel in slot 41 with a tap fuse. You will now have the ignition wire going from the unit to the fuse panel. That way when you turn the vehicle on it works and turn the Truck off the advent shuts off. I did this and worked perfect. Here's my next issue. I have no illumination on my two advent **** and on the buttons on top. How can I tap into something with illumination. Any help would be appreciated. JOHN
Old 01-21-2015, 06:02 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by fireman59
I picked up a advent oe nav for 2010 f150 stx. (No SYNC ) install was easy and straight forward. Well with the 09-10 you have to tap into the red ignition wire on the main harness going to the can module. Cut the wire so you by pass the module. Then extend that female connector over to the fuse panel in slot 41 with a tap fuse. You will now have the ignition wire going from the unit to the fuse panel. That way when you turn the vehicle on it works and turn the Truck off the advent shuts off. I did this and worked perfect. Here's my next issue. I have no illumination on my two advent **** and on the buttons on top. How can I tap into something with illumination. Any help would be appreciated. JOHN
Do the rest of the ***** light up? If they do you may have a defective unit.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:20 PM

none of the **** on the advent unit illuminate. The rest on my HVAC controls do. I am aware this is due to my early 2010 model that is mostly compatable with the advent oe unit. It was all plug and play. when I turn the truck on, the unit does not turn on and I had to manually had to push the on button and it didnt turn off when I shut the truck off. I tappped into the ignition wire on the harness, and ran it directly to the fuse panel with an add a fuse into slot 41 acc. this bypassed the advents main module, and now it boots on and up, and off when I turn my ignition on or off
Old 01-21-2015, 08:22 PM

I need to figure out witch wire on the passengar side kick panel is the illumination wire i guess its called that. I think its violet/white. Im going to use a splice connector and run it over to behind the head unit to the orane wire labeled illumination. has anyone done this?
Old 01-21-2015, 08:41 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by fireman59
I need to figure out witch wire on the passengar side kick panel is the illumination wire i guess its called that. I think its violet/white. Im going to use a splice connector and run it over to behind the head unit to the orane wire labeled illumination. has anyone done this?
Have you tried contacting Walt @ ADC Mobile, since it seems no one here can help?
Old 01-21-2015, 08:42 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Fireman, Contact this guy... Its a link to Walt at ADC Mobile, he'll be able to gelp you with your HU...

http://www.adcmobile.com/about/walt-ottenad/
Old 01-22-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddman34
Fireman, Contact this guy... Its a link to Walt at ADC Mobile, he'll be able to gelp you with your HU...

http://www.adcmobile.com/about/walt-ottenad/
+1. Walt will get you fixed up
Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 AM

Yeah I've emailed with Walt back and forth a bit. I just didn't know if anyone else has done it. Shurley I'm not the only one on here that's installed an advent nav unit on a 2010 stx lol. I also just got in the mail a rydeen back up camera. This was free of charge from the eBay seller after I complained that this unit wasn't 100% plug n play as advertised.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: advent oe nav for 2010 f150