Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Adding rear DVD, need power recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding rear DVD, need power recommendations

New to the forum, own a 2017 Lariat with Sony audio and loaded up. Adding Naviskauto rear DVD players to the headrests. They came with the option to plug into cigarette lighter or hardware. I'd really like to hardcore for a clean install. Any suggestions on where I can hardware the power? I'm assuming I could tap into the 12v cigarette hookup in the rear of the center console but need some assurance. The hardware hookup comes with an in line fuse.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:02 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by drballard33
New to the forum, own a 2017 Lariat with Sony audio and loaded up. Adding Naviskauto rear DVD players to the headrests. They came with the option to plug into cigarette lighter or hardware. I'd really like to hardcore for a clean install. Any suggestions on where I can hardware the power? I'm assuming I could tap into the 12v cigarette hookup in the rear of the center console but need some assurance. The hardware hookup comes with an in line fuse.
They don't pull much power so the cig lighter will work as long as it is switched so it isn't on all the time
Old 07-19-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a similar system installed in my '16 SuperCrew Sport when I purchased it, and the technicians ran a power wire from the control unit (hidden under the rear seat cup holders in the center armrest) up to one of the fuses in the fusebox. Not sure if the rear seat 12 volt source would work or not, but that's how they did it in my truck.

Here's a shot of the wire... although I can't really tell where they tapped the power source (sorry... I didn't feel like pulling the kick panel off to get a better shot).

TK

Old 07-19-2017, 07:03 PM

Received 304 Likes on 178 Posts

I used this youtube video which was spot on even for my 2017 xlt sport

Old 07-21-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 579 Likes on 296 Posts

Tap into the stereo fuse. At least, that's what I'd try to do first. Stereo turns off when the truck is off(and door opens, obviously). Then the headrests will have power whenever the stereo is on