Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2019 SuperCrew Audio Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2019 SuperCrew Audio Questions

I am trying to document and collect data for decision making purposes and so far I have read a few things and need to get some clarification from some of the experienced members of the forum. This will be my working thread for questions and advice.

I have a 2019 F150xlt Supercrew 5.0 with Sync3 and non-premium 7 speaker system.

My plan is to due a full setup. Front Components, Rear Coxials, Sub, Processor, 4ch Amp, Sub Amp

1) use FORScan disable channel
2) use FORScan to set audio to Low-level line out, and use a harness to convert the speaker to RCAs
----(I know you can just tap the front speakers, but my research leads me to understand the benefit of doing this is it allows for fade and balance to still be used)
3) I am thinking about the Rear Straight Ahead kit, my idea is to stick a 12in behind the rear seat, amps under the rear seat in the little sectioned off area.

4) My goals are to go for SQ but I do like to turn it up and sometimes want to hear bass (when the mood strikes). I would like to bring 4 channel out of the Sync3 and create 4 channel and sub out. I am hoping I can accomplish this with an audio processor, the part missing for me is that sub-level adjustment that aftermarket head-units have.

I am looking at the following for the Amps and Sound processor:

Alpine PXE-0850S (this looks to be the replacement of the H800 people raved about, plus it has bluetooth and app support for adjustments without a laptop)
Alpine R-A60F (4x100rms for speakers)
Alpine R-A75M (sub amp)
* the amps can change based on power needs *

Sub decisions, they will all be in a sealed box:
Alpine SWR-T12
Kicker 43CWRT122
SI BM-MKV (I know this one is more SQ than anything)

As far a speaker options go I have the following in mind:

1) Polk Audio Option
Fronts - MM 6502
Rears - DB652

2) Hertz Option
Fronts - DSK 165.3
Rears - DCX 165.3

I have also looked at Focal and Alpine, and I am open to other options as well.

Last edited by brokenwall; 04-24-2019 at 02:01 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-24-2019, 02:09 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by brokenwall
I am trying to document and collect data for decision making purposes and so far I have read a few things and need to get some clarification from some of the experienced members of the forum. This will be my working thread for questions and advice.

I have a 2019 F150xlt Supercrew 5.0 with Sync3 and non-premium 7 speaker system.

My plan is to due a full setup. Front Components, Rear Coxials, Sub, Processor, 4ch Amp, Sub Amp

1) use FORScan disable channel
2) use FORScan to set audio to Low-level line out, and use a harness to convert the speaker to RCAs
----(I know you can just tap the front speakers, but my research leads me to understand the benefit of doing this is it allows for fade and balance to still be used)
3) I am thinking about the Rear Straight Ahead kit, my idea is to stick a 12in behind the rear seat, amps under the rear seat in the little sectioned off area.

4) My goals are to go for SQ but I do like to turn it up and sometimes want to hear bass (when the mood strikes). I would like to bring 4 channel out of the Sync3 and create 4 channel and sub out. I am hoping I can accomplish this with an audio processor, the part missing for me is that sub-level adjustment that aftermarket head-units have.

I am looking at the following for the Amps and Sound processor:

Alpine PXE-0850S (this looks to be the replacement of the H800 people raved about, plus it has bluetooth and app support for adjustments without a laptop)
Alpine R-A60F (4x100rms for speakers)
Alpine R-A75M (sub amp)
* the amps can change based on power needs *

Sub decisions, they will all be in a sealed box:
Alpine SWR-T12
Kicker 43CWRT122
SI BM-MKV (I know this one is more SQ than anything)

As far a speaker options go I have the following in mind:

1) Polk Audio Option
Fronts - MM 6502
Rears - DB652

2) Hertz Option
Fronts - DSK 165.3
Rears - DCX 165.3

I have also looked at Focal and Alpine, and I am open to other options as well.
No forscan needed. Just disconnect the center.

FOR-11ck harness. Front channels only to high level on processor. Front channels are full frequency and contain no eq or roll off. You don't need fade from the headunit because your dsp can handle fade directly from your phone. The output channels are independent not only front and rear but also left and right. Forgot about factory fade controls. The only thing your oem headunit should be use for us source control and master volume control.

Ill take the hertz over the Polk.

SI BMK ALL DAY LONG for both output and clarity.

The Dayton 408 is 1/5 the cost of the alpine and offers all of the features you want. Bluetooth, mobile tuning, etc. Pretty badass piece of hardware for the cost.
The following users liked this post:
PLASMAN (04-24-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
No forscan needed. Just disconnect the center.

FOR-11ck harness. Front channels only to high level on processor. Front channels are full frequency and contain no eq or roll off. You don't need fade from the headunit because your dsp can handle fade directly from your phone. The output channels are independent not only front and rear but also left and right. Forgot about factory fade controls. The only thing your oem headunit should be use for us source control and master volume control.

Ill take the hertz over the Polk.

SI BMK ALL DAY LONG for both output and clarity.

The Dayton 408 is 1/5 the cost of the alpine and offers all of the features you want. Bluetooth, mobile tuning, etc. Pretty badass piece of hardware for the cost.
Will a single SI BM fill the cabin while crusing down the then interstate with the windows down? While still having some room to grow for extra boom when wanted?

Why high level output when you have the option to set the Sync3 to LowLevel output?
Old 04-24-2019, 02:30 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Will a single SI BM fill the cabin while crusing down the then interstate with the windows down? While still having some room to grow for extra boom when wanted?

Why high level output when you have the option to set the Sync3 to LowLevel output?
the Dayton can handle high output and it gives you more options to tune the system.. it's also much louder than low input
Old 04-24-2019, 02:34 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Forscan has been known to cause more problems than it solves. High level is absolutely adequate for an sq oriented system. All why avoiding turn on pop that many forscan users face.

In the right box, 1 MKV can give you that output. It's gonna be behind your seat so that may limit output but you will definitely hear it!
Old 04-24-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
Forscan has been known to cause more problems than it solves. High level is absolutely adequate for an sq oriented system. All why avoiding turn on pop that many forscan users face.

In the right box, 1 MKV can give you that output. It's gonna be behind your seat so that may limit output but you will definitely hear it!
I can accept that response, I know the Alpine has the remote that can handle some of my needs as well. What about being able to adjust sub level separately like Aftermarket HUs are able to do with the sub out, guessing I would have to buy the remote level control ****.

If it was between Focal and Hertz what would you choose? Do you have another recommendations?
What about spending the extra on dynamat on the doors, or something like the foam bucket inserts for the speakers in the doors.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:30 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

I'd pick Hertz over Focal simply because Focals tend to be too bright for my ears. Sound deadening should be one of the first things you do prior to speaker, amp, sub changes. I just posted my thoughts on foam baffles vs silicone ones offered by Install Bay.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:11 PM

Last edited by brokenwall; 04-24-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:58 PM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Dhmcfadin is spot on with recommendations on the setup and helped me tremendously with my setup. It’s without a doubt the best sounding system I have had in 15+ years. My build thread is on here just a month or so ago with almost the same thing you’re looking for.
DSP 408
kicker 4 channel amp- mods n highs
RF sub amp- foxbox with 2 alpine type R 10’s with a remote ****
focal components up front
kicker coax in rear doors
it doesn’t everything I want flawlessly....

and hushcaraudio is a dealer for stuff!
Old 04-24-2019, 09:04 PM

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I don't see it specifically mentioned but don't forget sound deadening.
The following 2 users liked this post by shellshocked:
PLASMAN (04-24-2019), woodall01 (04-24-2019)

Quick Reply: 2019 SuperCrew Audio Questions