Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2016 Screw Audio Questions

Old 12-23-2016, 02:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2016 Screw Audio Questions

I posted this in the 2015-2016 thread and didn't get any responses, so I probably should have posted it here in the first place.

I've been a member and reader of this forum for several years, but this may be my first ever post. I just recently got rid of my 2010 XLT Screw for a 2016 Lariat Screw with 2.7 EB.

The 2010 was easy to hook up a 5-channel amp with a Metra harness, upgrade the speakers, and add a sub. The 2016 is a whole other story. I have the non Sony version with Sync 3 (Version 1.0). I've done a lot of searching, but cant find any definitive answers, so I'm hoping someone can give me some info or point me in the right direction. I'm much more interested in my quality of sound vs. the decibel level.

1. How are the A pillar tweeters crossed over? Head unit? Speakers themselves?

2. What exactly is being fed to the dash speaker? Full range signal? All warning dings and voice controls? Can I bypass this completely and still get all my warning dings, etc?

I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just want to add an amp, upgrade the speakers, and use the small JL sub I had in my other truck.

I read conflicting reports on whether or not the "fake engine noise" is added to all Ecoboost engines or just the 3.5. Anyone know for sure?

I've seen different harnesses mentioned as well. What is the current preferred harness that will let me keep all my Sync 3 functions and upgrade?

Thanks for any insight and info.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also looking for stock audio components specs and wiring diagram and cannot find them. Mine is a 2016 XLT SCrew with the SYNC3 that came with the 302A package.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

looking for same info.. might have to try a car audio forum
Old 12-29-2016, 10:22 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by lcsmall
I posted this in the 2015-2016 thread and didn't get any responses, so I probably should have posted it here in the first place.

I've been a member and reader of this forum for several years, but this may be my first ever post. I just recently got rid of my 2010 XLT Screw for a 2016 Lariat Screw with 2.7 EB.

The 2010 was easy to hook up a 5-channel amp with a Metra harness, upgrade the speakers, and add a sub. The 2016 is a whole other story. I have the non Sony version with Sync 3 (Version 1.0). I've done a lot of searching, but cant find any definitive answers, so I'm hoping someone can give me some info or point me in the right direction. I'm much more interested in my quality of sound vs. the decibel level.

2. What exactly is being fed to the dash speaker? Full range signal? All warning dings and voice controls? Can I bypass this completely and still get all my warning dings, etc?

I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just want to add an amp, upgrade the speakers, and use the small JL sub I had in my other truck.

I read conflicting reports on whether or not the "fake engine noise" is added to all Ecoboost engines or just the 3.5. Anyone know for sure?

I've seen different harnesses mentioned as well. What is the current preferred harness that will let me keep all my Sync 3 functions and upgrade?

If not a Sony then the tweeters are tapped off the door speakers with a cap to take out the low notes.
The center speaker should be disconnected, It is a combination of the left and right signals
You can just upgrade the door speakers and get a signal for your sub amp from the rear speaker wires under the door sill.
If you want to add an amp to the door speakers you can use the Parrot harness
Old 12-30-2016, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 2016 lariat with sync 3 as well. coming from a car with all aftermarket speakers and subs. it sounds terrible can you add subs and amp with stock navigation head unit? just need something to make it sound better then it does
Old 12-31-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by GSP0725
I just bought a 2016 lariat with sync 3 as well. coming from a car with all aftermarket speakers and subs. it sounds terrible can you add subs and amp with stock navigation head unit? just need something to make it sound better then it does
yes
Old 12-31-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lcsmall

I cant help you with the tweeter,center speaker questions but I can tell you for sure the fake engine sound can be turned off by your dealer with a laptop.

Search this Thread