Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2015 Sony System to Aftermarket Stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2015 Sony System to Aftermarket Stereo?

Hello All,

I am wanting to change my current stock Sony w/Nav and 360 system to this stereo:

Amazon Amazon

Usually, I just purchase a wiring harness to connect an aftermarket stereo, is it the same with the a 2015 Platinum?

Also, if I wanted to use the the steering wheel controls, what would I purchase for that adapter?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-26-2017, 08:36 PM

Location: Between the dark side of the moon and Knottinghamshire
Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts

I think the reason you have had no replies is most, including myself, wonder why. You have a 8" screen, nav, Sync3, access to Android Auto, iPhone whatever and you want to replace it with a 1975 stereo? Really? Come back with an honest, heartfelt, educated reply and maybe, just maybe, someone will give you an answer.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:56 PM

Wow, you nailed it. I would take you serious but it seems you have no idea what you are talking about.

A 2015 DOES NOT have "Sync3 with Android Auto, iPhone whatever", which is the reason why I am trying to find an alternative instead of purchasing the upgrade which can cost up to $1,000.

ANYWAYS, I would like to replace my Sync2 system with a bluetooth capable stereo so I can install a tablet on my dash, which would really only cost me about a quarter of the upgrade.

See this for what I am trying to pull off.

BTW, people are not responding because they have no clue on how to do this, such as yourself. In time, I will get a response that will point me in the right direction, if I don't figure it out by that time. Plus, if I want to **** up my own truck, let me be the dumbass to do so.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:19 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

I didn't take you serious because I thought that was a step backwards. You plan to amp the system or use the Sony amp? Waste of money in my opinion.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:21 AM

@Tallyman89

I don't plan on going further than the stereo, tablet install and steering wheel controls, I'm fine with the current sound.

As you can tell in the video, this guy has the parts but his truck is a 2012 I believe, so a wire harness MIGHT be different for the newer models.

Again, I am just looking for a wire harness that would allow me to install an aftermarket stereo.

I looked at PAC's website but it seems they only sell the wire harness adapter with a kit and not by itself. I don't need that extra crap.

Anyways, let me know what you guys.

If I find my solution, I'll make sure to post in the thread.

Thanks

Last edited by gilbert.aispuro; 09-27-2017 at 11:54 AM.