Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2015 F150 XLT - Radio volume knob will not adjust the volume

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 F150 XLT - Radio volume **** will not adjust the volume

Radio volume **** will not adjust the volume. There is sound coming from the radio. Also on the steering column the radio buttons do not work. Is there an easy fix before I go to the dealer>
Old 10-18-2018, 10:14 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by 171Dennis
Radio volume **** will not adjust the volume. There is sound coming from the radio. Also on the steering column the radio buttons do not work. Is there an easy fix before I go to the dealer>
Did you make any changes in forscan?
Old 10-18-2018, 03:29 PM

What's forscan? What equipment is necessary to run and view forcan?
Old 10-18-2018, 03:51 PM

What's forscan? What equipment is necessary to run and view forcan?
If you didn't make any changes then definitely take the truck to the dealer to have it looked at.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:47 PM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
If you didn't make any changes then definitely take the truck to the dealer to have it looked at.
If is a 2015 then it could be out of bumper to bumper warranty so the OP might be looking for a little more advice. The bezel that controls the volume is the whole HVAC assembly and would be very expensive if purchased new. What size Sync screen does your truck have? The small screen bezels can be bought really cheap on Ebay if it needs to be replaced, for the larger screen they are somewhat more costly. Its a very easy swap if you needs to be changed.

Just on the off chance it's some type of computer glitch I would disconnect negative battery cable and let the truck set for 20 minutes or so. Then try it again.

If it's still in warranty yep...get it to the dealer.

Mike

Last edited by OCMike; 10-18-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by OCMike
If is a 2015 then it could be out of bumper to bumper warranty so the OP might be looking for a little more advice. The bezel that controls the volume is the whole HVAC assembly and would be very expensive if purchased new. What size sync 3 screen does your truck have? The small screen bezels can be bought really cheap on Ebay if it needs to be replaced, for the larger screen they are somewhat more costly. Its a very easy swap if you needs to be changed.

Just on the off chance it's some type of computer glitch I would disconnect negative battery cable and let the truck set for 20 minutes or so. Then try it again.

Mike
I didn't even consider that. Sorry OP for my short sightedness.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I developed a similar issue with my 2017 Lariat, but the wipers are also going haywire too. The auto sensing wipers will speed up on their own to "monsoon speed" even in light rain.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:00 AM
Sr master tech

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Im assuming its all stock and non sony..if so more than likely its the audio control module aka ACM in laymans terms the radio..is it a 8 inch or 4inch screen??regardless of it like mentioned above try to do a reboot by either disconnecting the battery or holding the power button and the seek up simulteaneously for about 15 secs and wait for it to reboot...if still no audio by doing either or both then more than likely a ACM...please update when your issue is resolved
The following users liked this post:
Maggarpa71 (04-21-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

idk if anyone has said this or not, but my radio has a hard reset by pushing the power and skip forward button together for a few seconds
The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (03-19-2021)
Old 01-12-2022, 11:15 AM

Default Possible fix

If you’re resetting your audio to factory settings or unplugging your battery, you’re defeating yourself.

you have to go in the trucks settings before you plug your phone in. There is an option in there that adjust your volume based on speed. You need to turn that off.

Quick Reply: 2015 F150 XLT - Radio volume knob will not adjust the volume