Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2015 F-150 SuperCrew XLT Aftermarket Audio Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 F-150 SuperCrew XLT Aftermarket Audio Questions

Hello Everyone!

Ive been searching the forums for a while now trying to gather up everything I will need in order to add a little bit of bass to my stock system. I am coming up empty on a few of my searches and am hoping some of you can help me out.

I have a Crew Cab with 7 speakers and no factory subwoofer. I am planning on adding a 10" Skar audio subwoofer and Skar 1200 watt amp to power it. I'm familiar with running audio systems in older vehicles with aftermarket head units and have always had a place to run my RCA cables to, and in this instance I will not as I'm trying to retain my factory Sync 2 radio.

I understand that behind the back seat of these trucks there is a molex connecter that will accept WPT-1212 connector that will supply me with the proper line level +&- inputs and i will have to source my own remote power wire as the one in that connector will come on before the ACM and create a popping sound which I am trying to avoid.

I am assuming I will need to use a line output converter to convert the line level signals to an RCA port in order to run to my Amplifier.

Can anyone who has made an install of an aftermarket system that is not comprised of a sub/amp combo give me some insight on this matter. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 09-16-2018, 04:45 AM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

It sounds like you've got your bases covered. What insight are you looking for?
If your amp accepts high level inputs, you don't need to use a line out converter.

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150 SuperCrew XLT Aftermarket Audio Questions