Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2014 SCrew XLT 4.2 to MyFord Touch OEM

Old 03-09-2015, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 SCrew XLT 4.2 to MyFord Touch OEM

Hello all, I am looking for some more information on upgrading from the 4.2in MYFord stereo unit to the 8in MyFordTouch upgraded stereo.

By a stroke of luck i was able to get the screen, stereo, and bezel from an FX4 with 500km on it, the guy went full aftermarket amp/HU for his truck.

I have seen a few discussions on swapping, people generally reference a chinese unit, that gets shutdown, and then the conversation seems to stop.

Can i plug in the MFT unit to the truck directly, or is there something else that is needed?

in order to get the gps to work, is there an antenna in there already if there was no nav before? i have seen an aftermarket maps unit that upgrades the stock unit but dont know much about it.

im looking to do a step by step if i ever get to that point in the next few weeks, and go from there.

thanks!
Old 03-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by armor64
Hello all, I am looking for some more information on upgrading from the 4.2in MYFord stereo unit to the 8in MyFordTouch upgraded stereo.

By a stroke of luck i was able to get the screen, stereo, and bezel from an FX4 with 500km on it, the guy went full aftermarket amp/HU for his truck.

I have seen a few discussions on swapping, people generally reference a chinese unit, that gets shutdown, and then the conversation seems to stop.

Can i plug in the MFT unit to the truck directly, or is there something else that is needed?

in order to get the gps to work, is there an antenna in there already if there was no nav before? i have seen an aftermarket maps unit that upgrades the stock unit but dont know much about it.

im looking to do a step by step if i ever get to that point in the next few weeks, and go from there.

thanks!
This was discussed before and from what it look like the plugs are the same and yes you will need a GPS antenna. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,672 Posts

If you have the 4.2" screen the 8" will not plug in directly unless you replace the entire dash harness and other modules involved, the connectors are completely different.

This conversion has been discussed at great length by many others and if you manage to make it work I would be interested in your step by step because I would also like to do the swap.

P.S. And yes the Chinese version is straight up garbage right out of the box, several forum members tried and only lost $$$ on a system that did not work and they could never get their $$ back.

Last edited by RLXXI; 03-09-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:09 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
If you have the 4.2" screen the 8" will not plug in directly unless you replace the entire dash harness and other modules involved, the connectors are completely different.

This conversion has been discussed at great length by many others and if you manage to make it work I would be interested in your step by step because I would also like to do the swap.

P.S. And yes the Chinese version is straight up garbage right out of the box, several forum members tried and only lost $$$ on a system that did not work and they could never get their $$ back.
Thanks for correcting me.
I swear there was someone else that wanted to do that and he showed where the connections were the same...
Old 03-16-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 328 Likes on 242 Posts

4dtech was working on this, but they havent said anything in a long time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 SCrew XLT 4.2 to MyFord Touch OEM