Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2014 Kicker Soundgate in a 2015 ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 02:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2014 Kicker Soundgate in a 2015 ?

I have not been able to find a definite answer as to if the 2014 Kicker will work in a 2015. I had this setup in my 14 and loved it. Obviously the speakers are different and the front amp mounts differently. I believe (though I may be wrong) that the plug on the back of the CD player in the 14 and down with an eight inch screen and the 15's are the same, which is where this will plug in and split. I see people are using the Parrot FOR-11CK in the 15's to tie in aftermarket amps, which also fits the older models. If this is the case, I think it would think (and again I may be wrong) that the Kicker should also plug in. I spoke to Beau at Rogel Ford this morning and ordered a Kicker setup for the 14 and down setup with the eight inch screen.($375 shipped) If it will plug in, there are several options as to where to mount the amp. Even if it means splicing the wires on the Kicker harness and putting it behind the rear seats. I actually had considered buying just the 14 and down style sub for the bigger subwoofer until I spoke to Kicker and they were not interested in selling me the 15 and up amp and wiring. If this works, the several hundred dollars saved will be worth it. If not, well I have a Kicker setup for sale ! It is scheduled to deliver Thursday so time will tell.

Last edited by jrjunior; 10-12-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:53 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

They make one for the 15, that fits behind the rear seat. But, I would think the previous gen would work.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm curious too, wanted that kit from beau for my '15. Also, realized that the sub sits on the floor under the rear seat, which is kind of a deal killer for me.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:47 PM

I installed it today. It works! Had to make a few tweaks but was able to mount the amp under the dash, in a similar spot that my 14 used. The install was easier on the 15 than my 14. A lot less to tear apart. I have the 8" screen with navigation. Ordered a setup for a 14 with an 8" screen. Everything plugged in to the radio.

Last edited by jrjunior; 10-15-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:26 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior
I installed it today. It works! Had to make a few tweaks but was able to mount the amp under the dash, in a similar spot that my 14 used. The install was easier on the 15 than my 14. A lot less to tear apart. I have the 8" screen with navigation. Ordered a setup for a 14 with an 8" screen. Everything plugged in to the radio.
Any pics you can share with the other 15 owners?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 PM

Here is a shot of the door speaker amp mounted beside the brake pedal. I had to cut the original bracket and then flipped it over. I unbolted the upper left brake booster bolt and put it on there and replaced the nut. Hangs up and out of the way.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Kicker Soundgate in a 2015 ?-under-dash.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (10-15-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 07:14 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

That is good news. I had heard that the DSP wouldn't work and all the plugs were different. So you put the sub under the rear seat?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
That is good news. I had heard that the DSP wouldn't work and all the plugs were different. So you put the sub under the rear seat?
Yes, it is under the seat on the passenger side. It would probably have been easier to put it on the driver's side. I haven't decided how I want to mount it yet. The plug ins are the same or at least the 8" screen ones are. I had to cut the ground for the sub box which on the 14's goes to the front. I grounded it on the back wall, in the upper driver's side corner, behind the mat. There is a ground wire already there. I could not get a good ground until I did this.I ran just the door speaker and amp for a bit to make sure it worked ok before I went to the trouble to hide all of the wires. All in all it wasn't bad. Worst part was getting the nut back on the brake booster after I had the amp on the bracket.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:33 PM

Here are a couple pics of the sub box.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Kicker Soundgate in a 2015 ?-sub-box.jpg   2014 Kicker Soundgate in a 2015 ?-sub-box-2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (10-15-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it is under the seat on the passenger side. It would probably have been easier to put it on the driver's side. I haven't decided how I want to mount it yet. The plug ins are the same or at least the 8" screen ones are. I had to cut the ground for the sub box which on the 14's goes to the front. I grounded it on the back wall, in the upper driver's side corner, behind the mat. There is a ground wire already there. I could not get a good ground until I did this.I ran just the door speaker and amp for a bit to make sure it worked ok before I went to the trouble to hide all of the wires. All in all it wasn't bad. Worst part was getting the nut back on the brake booster after I had the amp on the bracket.
Which kit did you buy? The one with all new door speakers? Did the speakers fit? How would you rate the sound quality before and after? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2014 Kicker Soundgate in a 2015 ?