Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 XLT Rear Speaker Rewiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:02 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 2013 XLT Rear Speaker Rewiring

I need some help. After hours of searching the threads, I can't find any info about rewiring my rear S-crew door speakers. I can't figure out how to get the wires from the sill plate into the pillar. Removed the screw under the "airbag" cover at the top of the pillar, and even though I haven't removed the seat belt track, it doesn't feel like anything would move even if I did. Is there any other ways to route the wire to the door without removing the pillar? If there is not any other way, is there a detailed write up on removing the interior B pillar? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Happy new owner

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just did this last week and was confused as well. I'm 99% you can't run new wire into the doors without removing the pillar. Here's what I did:

1) Removed the airbag plastic trim piece and took out the bolt
2) Removed the clip covering the seat belt bolt, its the lower clip that looks like a backwards L from the side.
3) Removed the seat belt bolt
3) With both hands on either side of the pillar starting at the top I pulled it off two clips at a time.

You can't remove the pillar from the truck because the seat belt runs through it but you can easily pull it to the side which allows you access to the wiring.
The following users liked this post:
TXIngot (02-02-2014)
Old 02-02-2014, 05:57 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you, HeyYou! The way you described it made it click. "Starting from the top" made me realize that the handle was not a part of the pillar. That is what I was trying to move before that wouldn't. Thanks again for the tip!

Quick Reply: 2013 XLT Rear Speaker Rewiring