Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 XLT radio stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 04:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2013 XLT radio stopped working

Radio was playing, I went into a store and when I got in and drove off the radio didn't turn back on. The screen was white with the ford logo in the screen. It would respond to button presses except menu and clock. I could turn it on and off with the power button, but it didn't play. Any ideas? It's been out of the shop since the last issue almost a week.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by hoopty
Radio was playing, I went into a store and when I got in and drove off the radio didn't turn back on. The screen was white with the ford logo in the screen. It would respond to button presses except menu and clock. I could turn it on and off with the power button, but it didn't play. Any ideas? It's been out of the shop since the last issue almost a week.
Pull the fuse. Maybe it needs reset. Never heard it happening before...
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Sounds kind of like all of the myfordtouch complaints when they implemented it in the cars. I think it normally required a system update by the dealer.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I got in after work and it came right on, go figure.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default radio stopped working

Originally Posted by hoopty
To all you folks that have had this issue in your F150 with Sync. My experience lasted 2 1/2 weeks of no radio, clock display intermittent or none at all. After cussin' a fit yesterday while working firewood trip in the boonies where no cell phone could get service, the hand of God reached down and turned everything back on.

I never activated my Sync since truck purchased new. It is a common problem I see on many threads here just seemed an issue if Sync was activated. My 2013 6 speaker stereo has worked flawlessly until the 127k, so why now. I never diagnosted the fuses but did try the soft reset, and completely disconnected battery for a system reboot to no avail when it first occurred.
I found this on a recent post: TBS bulletin, SSM 45945. Maybe you know a Dealer that treated ya right and they can fix this. Mine works fine now so I won't mess with it. Good Luck and don't trade your Ford for a minor issue.

Quick Reply: 2013 XLT radio stopped working